Good IEMs for 150$-250$ range please.
May 20, 2009 at 6:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

juno

New Head-Fier
Sorry, another thread like this but I'm having an extremely difficult time deciding on the earphones best suited for me. Looking for something in between the price range above, which would be best suited to listening to classic rock and perhaps even classical/jazz. Any suggestions would be welcome, and thanks in advance.

May 20, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 14
Wait for a good deal for IE8 in that range (got mine for $211, no shipping no tax), that's probably the best IEM in that range, but Duncan likes his JVC HA FX-500 better than IE8, and those according to him can be had for under $200 when shipped from Japan, so search for these in Google. Additionally, check out Audio Technica ESW-9A from BeachCamera, for just over $200, and you can do a mod posted by Germanica (I think) to better the SQ, it provides superior isolation according to many posts, just isn't that portable comparing to IEMs, but perfect otherwise for noisy places that you don't move around much.

May 20, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #3 of 14
Check that, as now Duncan (see his latest posts on it), who has the HA-FX1000, isn't sure if the FX500 and the FX1000 actually are the same phones. The latter cost 250 pounds, while the FX500 can be had for 90 pounds, major price difference. Also, some FX500 owners (Shigzeo for one) say the FX500 is nice, but not much different than the Monster Turbines or the Atrio M5s, so comparing them to the IE8s is probably not accurate.

Not sure what to recommend. Where did you get the IE8s for $210 no shipping, no tax? Curious. I don't see them that cheaply anywhere. Were the NIB?

May 20, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #4 of 14
Ebay of course
smily_headphones1.gif
no where else has that live cashback.

Indeed in Duncan's review he only postulated that FX1000 is just a rebranded FX500,
along with the fact that you can't even FIND fx1000 in JVC's product page, and google
turns up nothing except for duncan's review, apple store UK, and another site that has
a short review. Though if FX1000 is indeed an upgraded FX500, why the lack of
description and commotion? They are almost completely unknown (fx1000s).

May 20, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very weird JVC situation. You got me.

i disagree.

if a company is going to piss about potential customers, refuse to sell them things and potentially try to to utterly and abusively price gouge them then you dont buy things from them.

clearly they dont want my or your money so why should we make an effort to give it to them?

May 20, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #7 of 14
Problem is, this that JVC's fault or the fault of Apple UK?

May 21, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #12 of 14
The Klipsch X10's are back to $239 on Amazon last time I looked. I really enjoy mine. They are great for classic rock; not sure about classical or jazz through them, but it should be good.

May 23, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #14 of 14
IE7, CK10, Phonak PFE + portable amp, ETY4S/P/5i, SE420, UM1, etc.
I'm missing Sony and Bosse and Beyer and many more, but search for reviews for those
listed above, you didn't list any preference so it's hard to be specific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back