Good IEM for working out?
May 24, 2010 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

norcalstoppy

New Head-Fier
I used to use super.fi 3s, but busted them by closing my car door on them. Now one side doesn't work.

I loved how the IEMs sound, so I'm looking to buy another one but a better quality.

What would you guys recommend? Looking for something that sounds great without an amp as well as something that's comfortable to wear.

Thank for your input guys.

Jay

May 24, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #2 of 9
What kind of working out?  I'm curious how well they may have to hold.  This may force you to using a good over the ear design with a light weight or tucked in structure or a good in ear design that incorporates more than one hold point (more than just the tip).

May 24, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #4 of 9
The SoundMagic PL50 is great for physical movement.

May 25, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #7 of 9
Westone 1. The cables stay out of the way, they are light and flexible. The earbuds never fall off and they sound good. Plus you get 2 year warranty after returning the warranty card.

I use the W3 every day to the gym. The W1 has a lower profile so, fit wise, it's even better. Of course it loses on sound.

May 25, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #8 of 9
I would second the M6, they are behind the ear design, fun sounding, and cheap in price.

May 25, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #9 of 9
I just bought a Samsung WEP870 bluetooth headset instead of a dedicated earphone.

Comes with bluetooth headset and with the attachment, works as a bluetooth stereo headset too. Perfect for working out.

I'm probably gonna get something a more substantial and quality for dedicated music listening. Thinking Klipsch image x10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back