Good IEM for Dubstep
Aug 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

11islasan

New Head-Fier
I am looking for some good IEM's for dubstep,  i like heavy bass with clear highs.  Budget is around $300 (although if there are some good ones a little more expensive feel free to include them)

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 16
skullcandy titans are good throw around headphones with plenty of clean bass. i listen to dubstep with them.

loved my ultimate ears 5 EB. 

Sep 4, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:
I am looking for some good IEM's for dubstep,  i like heavy bass with clear highs.  Budget is around $300 (although if there are some good ones a little more expensive feel free to include them)

"heavy bass with clear highs" -----------> JVC FX700.

Sep 5, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #7 of 16
New suggestion...  The Heir Audio 3.Ai might be something you'd want to look into. 

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #11 of 16
My monster turbine pro coppers are GREAT with dubstep and hip hop. I find mine have a deep full and rich bass, but when the highs come in, the clarity and crisp response is great. The MTPCs are a really nice IEM. But, your mileage may vary...I love them for that.

With that said, my Westone 3s take ANY kind of music and perform incredibly well. There is just a little bit more detail on my W3s.

While the MTPC IEMs are great, I carry my Westones more often because of their ability to excell with any music I want.

Sep 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #12 of 16
That's easy, Atrio Future Sonics. Nothing can match the depth and impact that these bad boys have regardless of the price. The JVC are fun for the money but nothing can come close to the thump and clarity of the Atrio's. IMO you can't have a better I.E.M for dub or electronic music than the Atrio Furure Sonics. Plus if you get the 500-040 Atrio X you can get them with a inline mic and 3 button remote if that's your thing.

Good luck!

Sep 5, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #13 of 16
I should have mentioned the Munition Nines too...they pack a ton of bass without sacrificing any clarity on the high end...all into their small 9mm shell sized IEM. They have a unique but strong sound signature, and a reasonable price for the excellent quality of sound you get. They sound great with dub step, and I would recommend those with great bass.

I've got my munitio nines paired with a Fiio e11 and it's a great combo. And you'd still be under $300 with those two. If you already have a good amp, you may want to spend the extra cash on the IEMs.

From the looks of this thread, you've really got some great recommendations!

Best of luck!

Sep 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #14 of 16
A have the atrio m5 with the mg7 drivers and they aren't my favourite for dubstep/ electro to be honest. I prefer the Sony mdr xb40ex IEM's they have that hard hitting sound and spacious sound. that Atrios are too closed in but the vocals are nice. bottom line is don't buy the atrios for the bass there are better out there, i would look in to the sony mdr xb90ex IEM's, apparently they are amazing.

Sep 5, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #15 of 16
You might want to take a look at the V-Moda Vibe. I've had them (The new version with the angled plug) and they sound pretty good for dubstep (the few times I've listened to dubstep...
wink.gif
) and other electronic music. They have deep (but not too overpowering) bass and quite crisp highs. Did I mention that they're almost indestructible?

They are only $30 from V-Moda (http://v-moda.com/vibe/)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back