good idea?
Jul 8, 2003 at 1:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

neggy

100+ Head-Fier
I really want to buy some ety er4's for work but my dad thinks they will get wrecked, i am a landscaper. He thinks they will get dirty and fall out and all this bs. Do the etys really stay in good? Are they kind of durable? Does anybody else use them in that sort of work ( mowing lawns, gardening, etc..) He thinks its a huge waste of money for some little headphones that go in my ear, hes gonna be blown away when he finally hears them. The main reason i want them is cause of the isolation and the awesome sound i have been hearing about.

How else can i explain to him the importance of owning 2 hi fi phones, i own the grado sr325 and have an amp, expensive interconnects and a cd player for it. So hes basically not letting me order them from headroom.He thinks i am insane...Is there anywhere else i can buy etys like in Canada???

Right now hes forcing me to use some stock sony crap ear buds..saying it sounds good, he just doesnt get it..
tongue.gif

Jul 8, 2003 at 2:30 AM Post #2 of 4
They don't drop out too easily, but if you're rough, they just might. The cord might accidentally get tangled onto stuff (nearby brushes, branches, etc) and then the 'phones might get pulled out, so be careful. Then again, I haven't done anything "physical" outside with my ER4P, so I'm just talking theorically about what might happen.

If you do get them though, make sure that you have the cord go inside of your shirt. That way, you'll never have any slack asking to tug it. I go rollerblading with my gold E888, and when I have the cord outside, even though I try to keep the slack of it under control, it somehow gets caught in my left wristguard several times during each session. It may not be so bad for you since you're not moving at a high speed, but be careful anyway just in case.
etysmile.gif

Jul 8, 2003 at 3:27 AM Post #3 of 4
i've lost my seal often, but they've never just fallen out of my ears... they're kinda held in by laws of thermodynamics. It's your 270 dollars, not mine. The choice is yours. But wearing the etys while being active in hot weather... you're asking for funk nastiness in your ear-canal.

Jul 8, 2003 at 3:49 AM Post #4 of 4
LOL, well aim9x its not that hot here in calgary so i think i will be ok. If i dont use them at work I will use them at school in sept so its still a wise purchase. Gonna order these bad boys from headroom right now ..
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back