Good Idea or Bad Idea ??
Sep 22, 2004 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Apina

100+ Head-Fier
Just a quick one to see what you guys think of this issue.....

I recently picked up some grado hp1k's, there is some of the lettering left on it but I was thinking maybe I could get the lettering engraved onto the cans,

Good idea or bad idea
blink.gif
?

Sep 22, 2004 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apina
Just a quick one to see what you guys think of this issue.....

I recently picked up some grado hp1k's, there is some of the lettering left on it but I was thinking maybe I could get the lettering engraved onto the cans,

Good idea or bad idea
blink.gif
?

If you do this, I recommend ensuring it is done on a CNC milling machine and that they do a few test runs with blanks of similar material first. Another option is to remove the enclosures and chuck them on a lathe and turn them to remove all the lettering neatly and cleanly. I considered doing this to my 325's just for modding fun and to lighten them up some more. I have a metal lathe, so it's neither an expensive or difficult proposition for me.

Sep 22, 2004 at 6:50 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
May hurt the resale value.

I'm sure of it, but they would look a lot better for not a lot of $$ or work. Like a valuable coin, there's really not much you can do to restore value once it gets worn, but you can rub all the tarnish off it and make it shiny again.

Sep 22, 2004 at 6:51 PM Post #7 of 7
When I had HP-1000's, about half the lettering remained on both sides. I scraped the lettering off (it came off very easily) and it looked great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back