Good headphones with portability (D2000/HD380pro)
Dec 21, 2010 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Mikeyj831

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I just joined recently after lurking the forums for a few weeks now.  

I'm a Junior in high school and I've been looking to buy a new pair of headphones.  Something not too big, small enough to fit in a backpack. I may be able to move some stuff around to accommodate something larger, feel free to suggest almost anything. I took a look at the HD380pros, and I really like them due to the fact that they fold down and come with a nice case.  I also looked at the D2000's, A lot of people have those, so I have been able to get a lot of feedback with them and am confident with the sound of those. I want to know more about the HD380's, I haven't been able to get a lot of feedback on those, so If any of you have them speak up!

I plan on getting a Fiio E7 with either headphone that I choose.  Right now my budget is around 300$, I can wait, and save alittle more, but I want to get these relatively soon. My options aren't closed to those to either, so if you guys have an suggestions that would be great.

The source would be a Macbook pro and an iPod Touch or Classic. Right now my sound preferences and slightly favoring bass, but with the E7 I don't think I with have a problem getting enough of that.

Anyway, I would really appreciate anything you guys have to say.  This is a great community you have here, and I look forward to being a part of it.

MikeyJ

edit: grammar and formatting

Dec 21, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #3 of 3
Welcome to head-fi man!

I haven't had the chance to try the models you posted yet, but reading your requirements...i think the Shure SRH750dj may like you. 
They also fold down. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back