Good headphones with ONLY motherboard sound?
Sep 21, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #106 of 115
@cantcacheme @BoomerD thanks you for selling your FiiO K5 Pro AKM for so cheap. :wink:
Repeatedly...

And. Lest I forget, thanks to EVERYONE who posted in this thread trying to help...not the least of which would be ProtegeManiac who did his best to 'splain some parts of the science behind headphones and amps. While MOST of it rolled off like water off a duck's butt...SOME of it sank in...enough so that I've started doing some light reading on the subjects. (Most of which is so far over my head that I have to look up to see the bottom)

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #107 of 115
Sep 25, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #110 of 115
Ummm...Thanks? Not to be rude, but do you read threads before you post, or just the title?
I read the thread, and looked at the Frequency range of your Audio technicas

The hd25's should be a bit more neutral than those

butters is the best south park character.png

Note: the vanilla HD25 and HD25 Light have the same FR as the Plus version

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #114 of 115
My two cents, for what it's worth: For your budget I'd recommend going from over-ears to IEMs. The dollar-to-performance ratio is insane if you find the right pair.

I was (still am) blown away by the Kbear KS2's, and they only cost $25. Get yourself something like a FiiO BTR5 to function as a USB DAC(~$109) and you are under budget, with ridiculous value. The BTR5 has the added benefit of being a bluetooth DAC you can take on the go, both easily fit in the small hip pocket of my jeans. The sound isolation is better than an over-ear too, if that's a concern. I have both, and have used them in both configurations. Out of my growing collection, they are by far the best value.

If you don't like the idea of an IEM, this drop deal pbui44 posted looks to be really good value. Can't speak from experience here though, don't own these.
Check out this DAC/amp and planar-magnetic combo for under $150 with your Drop purchase being your first order:
Some people really prefer the sound of IEMs, and while I don't necessarily prefer it over a good pair of headphones, I can see the appeal.

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #115 of 115
My two cents, for what it's worth: For your budget I'd recommend going from over-ears to IEMs. The dollar-to-performance ratio is insane if you find the right pair.

I was (still am) blown away by the Kbear KS2's, and they only cost $25. Get yourself something like a FiiO BTR5 to function as a USB DAC(~$109) and you are under budget, with ridiculous value. The BTR5 has the added benefit of being a bluetooth DAC you can take on the go, both easily fit in the small hip pocket of my jeans. The sound isolation is better than an over-ear too, if that's a concern. I have both, and have used them in both configurations. Out of my growing collection, they are by far the best value.

If you don't like the idea of an IEM, this drop deal pbui44 posted looks to be really good value. Can't speak from experience here though, don't own these.

Some people really prefer the sound of IEMs, and while I don't necessarily prefer it over a good pair of headphones, I can see the appeal.
Can't wear them. Every pair of earphones, earbuds, whatever I've ever stuck in my ears has made my ears hurt. The ones they give you (or used to give you) on airplanes made me feel like my ears were bleeding within 30 minutes. My grandson has Apple earpod pros. Same thing. Not an option for me ears with small canals.

(and again, someone who didn't read the thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back