good headphones under $300
Aug 17, 2013 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

GramKraker

New Head-Fier
hey, head-fi'ers, i'm looking for a pair of closed back headphones with a detachable cable that are around the ear. under $300. i dont care weather they use an amp or not i already have a few laying around hope somebody can help

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:
hey, head-fi'ers, i'm looking for a pair of closed back headphones with a detachable cable that are around the ear. under $300. i dont care weather they use an amp or not i already have a few laying around hope somebody can help

Heya,

Do you have any preferences for the kind of sound? Otherwise, you can recommend 20+ pairs of headphones that are closed back and have detachable cables. But the sound properties are more important to describe. Try and give us more information.

Otherwise, here's a shot in the dark:

AKG K271 MKII
Ultrasone PRO750
Brainwavz HM5
Vmoda M100
Logitech UE 6000

Very best,

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #3 of 9
well, i'm looking for something that is more fun to listen to than 100% true to sound. i loved the sound of the grado 80's i had but there was WAY to much leakage for my listening enviroment, both in and out.

Aug 18, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #4 of 9
I just wrote this on another thread: "I actually think you should consider MrSpeakers Mad Dog w/ Alpha Pads 3.2. I think they are $299 + shipping. Isolation is awesome, heavy duty, sharp looking and the quality of bass is fantastic. There have been lots of good reviews recently. They are a little heavier than some headphones but they're worth it, I think. The Alpha pads are super comfy."

The Mad Dog w/ Alpha Pads is totally worth looking into! Its true to the source and fun at the same time. Very engaging listen! The cable is detachable, too. 

Aug 18, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #5 of 9
I recommend you check out the V-MODA Crossfade M-100. Great set of cans with the features you're looking for.

Aug 18, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

He did say he loved the sound of the Grado's. Those cans are in two different worlds! 

True but it doesn't mean he can't try them. He said he was looking for headphones with a fun sound. I would most certainly put the M-100 in that category.

Aug 18, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
I just wrote this on another thread: "I actually think you should consider MrSpeakers Mad Dog w/ Alpha Pads 3.2. I think they are $299 + shipping. Isolation is awesome, heavy duty, sharp looking and the quality of bass is fantastic. There have been lots of good reviews recently. They are a little heavier than some headphones but they're worth it, I think. The Alpha pads are super comfy."

The Mad Dog w/ Alpha Pads is totally worth looking into! Its true to the source and fun at the same time. Very engaging listen! The cable is detachable, too. 

I second this! I had the mad dogs and they where very good, they had a Neutrality to them as well as a FUN side, a great mix of sonic elements. Plus they are tough as nails, super comfy and with a detchable Cable, and best of all if you HATE it [I didn't like mine, although I prefer the AKG K550 boring sound lol] you have 7 days and you can get a full refund [minus the shipping]

So I'd give them a try! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back