Good headphones under 150$
Oct 1, 2012 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

zerox70

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am looking for a good pair of headphones, preferably something with a really good bass, I intend to listen to a lot of techno/trance/electronica and what not.
I want to try and stay under 150 and i think i should be able to accomplish this, if you guys think something is extremely much better for 20-30 bucks or something ill go for it.

I have looked into the Audio Technica's ATHM50, any good suggestions?
Thanks in advance guys :D

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 7
Technical Pro HPT990 (Takstar Hi2050),semi-open, $45.
http://www.jr.com/technical-pro/pe/TAE_HPT990/

Oct 1, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #4 of 7
Personally, after listening to the ATH-M50's, Ultrasone's and even some Shure SRH840, imo they are so over priced. 

I would go for the CAL! at 100USD. They, imo, sound better than the M50's and cost half (over here in the UK they are more than half the price)
They are super super comfortable too, I can use mine around 10hours a day without my glasses frame getting in the way

They do bass very very well, not so much the super sub bass, but nothing a little bit of EQ can sort out.

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Personally, after listening to the ATH-M50's, Ultrasone's and even some Shure SRH840, imo they are so over priced. 

I would go for the CAL! at 100USD. They, imo, sound better than the M50's and cost half (over here in the UK they are more than half the price)
They are super super comfortable too, I can use mine around 10hours a day without my glasses frame getting in the way

They do bass very very well, not so much the super sub bass, but nothing a little bit of EQ can sort out.

EQ means equalizer right?  what would be a good one to buy? sorry for so many questions.
I have glasses as well so that kinda made me really like them XD
Quote:
Koss R/80 at ~$30-$50 are a great headphone. Fairly balanced, warm, nice bass response. If you're going to spend more, I wouldn't "stop" at the M50 (the CAL! is a good suggestion by the way, right in the middle), I would spend the extra $60-$70 and get the Ultrasone HFI-2400 (~$190).

what would you rate those ultrasones on 1-10? like are they worth the extra 60-70?

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #7 of 7
Well, if it's big bass you want, I would recommend the XB700. Lots of deep bass. Extremely comfortable, EXTREMELY. I have a full review that should tell you what you need to know.

Now if you'd like a $30 dollar option, just to have it. I always recommend the monoprice 8323. A tad on the warm side with a nice bit of high end sparkle on occasion. Here, have a review on those too 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back