Good Headphones under $150 (€150) with standard 3.5mm plug
Feb 14, 2017 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ozyx

Head-Fier
Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my Creative Aurvana Live! with something better sounding up to €150.

Apart from a significant upgrade in sound quality, I am also looking for headphones that use a standard 3.5mm plug so I can easily attach a bluetooth receiver on them when needed. This means that headphones that don't have detached cables or those that require proprietary cables are excluded.

Problem is that sometimes is difficult to recognize if a headphone is using proprietary connection. I was looking at the ATH-M50X but it has a proprietary connection. Then I was looking at Sony MDR-1A and from the pictures it seemed to have a standard 3.5mm plug, but apparently it doesn't either.

The headphones should be easy to drive by a mobile device, although I will be using this at home so great portability is not a requirement and I don't care about microphones or any other special features. I do need them to be comfortable (I have an average sized head).

I mostly listen to rock, pop, EDM and R&B but I listen to other kinds of music also, so the headphones should perform well in all kinds of music.

Any suggestions?

Feb 14, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #2 of 4
  Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my Creative Aurvana Live! with something better sounding up to €150.

Apart from a significant upgrade in sound quality, I am also looking for headphones that use a standard 3.5mm plug so I can easily attach a bluetooth receiver on them when needed. This means that headphones that don't have detached cables or those that require proprietary cables are excluded.

Problem is that sometimes is difficult to recognize if a headphone is using proprietary connection. I was looking at the ATH-M50X but it has a proprietary connection. Then I was looking at Sony MDR-1A and from the pictures it seemed to have a standard 3.5mm plug, but apparently it doesn't either.

The headphones should be easy to drive by a mobile device, although I will be using this at home so great portability is not a requirement and I don't care about microphones or any other special features. I do need them to be comfortable (I have an average sized head).

I mostly listen to rock, pop, EDM and R&B but I listen to other kinds of music also, so the headphones should perform well in all kinds of music.

Any suggestions?

You should check out the SoundMAGIC HP150. It has a replaceable cable and it could work for you, potentially. You might email SoundMAGIC and ask them if the HP150 has the qualities you are seeking, but I don't think it's proprietary. It's a thought for you..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back