Good headphones that will handle sweat?
Aug 14, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #17 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by RASeymour /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I ultimately stopped using them, the Ety4s held up very well at the Y. I must have used them three or four times a week, two hours at a crack for two or three years.

Unlike with some other cords, they Ety cord never got stiff from the sweat and I threaded it under the front of my shirt. The design keeps the earphone from touching your ear, unlike buds or most IEM's.

My problem with them ultimately was that they didn't sound very good with the rock music I listened to at the Y, they work much better with classical or jazz, but who wants to work out to Bach?

so these were the er4p's? i thought they were supposed to sound better with bass and rock stuff? Ive never gotten to listen to the ety line so i wouldnt know. I thought about those too the way you said they dont really touch your ear would be nice. Still debating. thanks for all the replys much appreciated.

Aug 14, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #19 of 33
I will steer you away from the Twist-to-Fit Sennheisers. I had those for a while before getting the PMX80, and while they were great, they shorted out within a year. That's not so bad, but when I got another pair under warranty and THEY TOO shorted out within just a few short months, I called it quits. My third pair should be arriving here soon (under warranty) and they'll go straight to eBay.

They fit great, they sounded great (considering my lowered standards when working out), but I don't want a pair of buds that keeps shorting out and requires regular warranty service.

Aug 14, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #20 of 33
I use my Maximo iM-590's to work out all the time, and they're great. I run the cable over my ears and the stay in perfectly fine while running, cycling, lifting, etc. They also come with a shirt clip that helps with the microphonics, especially while running. Finally, the cable is nice and heavy-duty, and seems to hold up quite well. Only suggestion I would make would be to get a set in black if you do get them, as the white cable will pick up the sweat and dirt and won't stay white very long...

~Sccrfreak342~

Aug 14, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so these were the er4p's? i thought they were supposed to sound better with bass and rock stuff? Ive never gotten to listen to the ety line so i wouldnt know. I thought about those too the way you said they dont really touch your ear would be nice. Still debating. thanks for all the replys much appreciated.

No, I just never thought they sounded that good with rock, etc. I used the 4s with various amps and tips (ultimately the Comply tips saved the day for these). I switched to the q-jays and enjoy them much better at the Y. We'll see how long they last as it has only been four or five months.

Aug 14, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #22 of 33
you also need to be careful with the tip. if you have an extremely porous foam eartip, you will increase the chance of the eartip sucking sweat into the sound tube of the earphone. for that reason, if you can take the comply off for exercise, you will be better off.

i recommend silicon or hybrid tips when you are exercising - tips like that of victor fx500, nuforce ne7m and zagg's z-buds.

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by RASeymour /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I just never thought they sounded that good with rock, etc. I used the 4s with various amps and tips (ultimately the Comply tips saved the day for these). I switched to the q-jays and enjoy them much better at the Y. We'll see how long they last as it has only been four or five months.

cool thanks for the response.
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you also need to be careful with the tip. if you have an extremely porous foam eartip, you will increase the chance of the eartip sucking sweat into the sound tube of the earphone. for that reason, if you can take the comply off for exercise, you will be better off.

i recommend silicon or hybrid tips when you are exercising - tips like that of victor fx500, nuforce ne7m and zagg's z-buds.

I forgot all about the ne7m I heard them a while back and they sound good. I might have to go with them hopefully they are durable as well.

Aug 14, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #24 of 33
i would not say the ne7m is that durable, but its hybrid tips (if they can be purchased separately) are perfect for sweating. I have used them on many hundreds of km's of road in cold and hot weather and they work perfectly.

however, i did not use the ne7m for those trips...

Aug 14, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #25 of 33
^^ Yeah when i felt the ne7m's they didnt feel that durable to me, although no iems feels durable really. Im still debating picking up a used er4p just because of the fit although 150 or so is a little high for gym headphones. May just pick up the ne7m's for 55 and call it a day.

Aug 14, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #26 of 33
the er4p would freak the hell out of me at the crazy angle they sit at - when exercising. the er4 is one of my favourite iems of all time however. um1 from westone is rather well made with a silent cable. not the most articulate of sounds, but for 100$ or so and great for the gym - you can't go wrong.

Aug 14, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #28 of 33
if you're going to wear the over the ear i suggest getting a pair of ear guides/hooks for them protecting the cable from your skin

Aug 15, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by b1uemchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you're going to wear the over the ear i suggest getting a pair of ear guides/hooks for them protecting the cable from your skin

any tips on where to buy some? senneheiser sells them dont they? That is a good idea though thanks for the tip.

Aug 15, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any tips on where to buy some? senneheiser sells them dont they? That is a good idea though thanks for the tip.

You can get them here. $8.00 and they come in sets of three.

~Sccrfreak342~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back