Good headphones for under $120
Jan 11, 2014 at 12:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

DrumGuy

New Head-Fier
Hey I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for some over ear or on ear headphones $120 or under. I want something decent with reasonable bass but overall well rounded. I listen to a lot of different music but mostly hip hop/rap, rock, electronic and acoustic. I don't want them to be to big or clunky and prefer them not to look too bad. I previously owned a pair of Akg Q460s but unfortunately lost them. I would also preferably like them on Amazon or Ebay.

Thanks

Jan 11, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #3 of 14
You could try the Creative Aurvana Live.
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA

Or Shure SRH-440
http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SRH440-Professional-Studio-Headphones/dp/B002DP1FTU/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_2_0

Or, the JVC HA-S500B - if you understand that they will ship from Japan
http://www.amazon.com/JVC-Head-band-Portable-Headphones-HA-S500-B/dp/B008FWB9TQ

I have NOT heard any of these 'phones - they just happen to be some of the same ones I was recently researching.

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #8 of 14
What about the Logitech UE 6000's? I heard they are good and are reasonably priced.

I have the ue6000 since last year February when is going for 200. I used it almost every week days on passive mode. I'm really happy with the headphone and still using it now. Build quality is great, most importantly is sounds beats most of its competitor at this price point.

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #9 of 14
If celebrities wear them in public, then I don't want them. If you are looking for on-ear portables, check out AKG - they have a bunch of different models.

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #10 of 14
I have the ue6000 since last year February when is going for 200. I used it almost every week days on passive mode. I'm really happy with the headphone and still using it now. Build quality is great, most importantly is sounds beats most of its competitor at this price point.

Do they feel heavy and clunky on your head? Because I have heard that from other people.

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #12 of 14
Do they feel heavy and clunky on your head? Because I have heard that from other people.

It is a little heavy with 2 triple A batteries. It shouldn't be a big problem. The earcup is really big. It fits really nicely. If you don't use noise-cancelling mode, the headphone can run without batteries. It is light enough that you wont feel any pressure your head. Noise-cancelling mode is simply a bass boost switch.. I prefer using it on passive mode.

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #13 of 14
It is a little heavy with 2 triple A batteries. It shouldn't be a big problem. The earcup is really big. It fits really nicely. If you don't use noise-cancelling mode, the headphone can run without batteries. It is light enough that you wont feel any pressure your head. Noise-cancelling mode is simply a bass boost switch.. I prefer using it on passive mode.

Sounds good!! I'll check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back