Good Headphones for traveling on a budget....
Mar 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tricksya555HD

New Head-Fier
Hi i am looking for some stylish,lightweight comfy headphones

long story short. I'm off on a school trip to France and its a 10hr+ bus journey so with girls gossiping and giggling  it will get annoying im a bit cheap at the moment so £45-50 is max cost.
like i said girls talking and engine sounds will interfire with my music so i need some noise isolating as well. 

I enjoy listening to dubstep,Jungle,drum and bass and rap. im going to wear them for 10hr+ so they need to be comfy

my music player is ipod touch 4g i dunno if this helps.

thanks guys :)

EDIT: i found some sony xb300 headphones are they any good?

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #3 of 7

i found some sony xb300 headphones are they any good?

With flat EQ they sound terrible, but if you will adjust the EQ turning off the bass or pumping up the highs, they will sound just as good as the XB500

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #4 of 7
You'll want some In-Ears IMO, best isolation and SQ for the price. Closed headphones can isolate, but decent ones cost at the very least a couple of fingers, sometimes even an arm and a leg.

I like the ME-Elec A151's, but it's been a while since I looked into the options, there might be some better bargains available. Recommendations will also depend on your choice of sound signature. Good luck!

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #5 of 7
Try the XB300s before buying. Please. The Sony XB series are all bass monsters; and not always in good ways. The XB300 just throws bass notes at your ear and hopes your song doesnt have any frequencies above 500 Hz. Sony's XB series isnt for everyone, and dubstep will sound BAD on it. All you'll get is "womp womp womp womp" and ANY highs you had in the song is now nonexistant.. Drums sounds clashed together and unseperated. The XB300 is just for bass quantity, nothing else. The XB500 gets a little tighter, still monstrous bass but seperation gets better and the bass quality ups. The XB700 is where you start getting big pillars of bass with still decent mids and highs; making the EQ far more usable.

45-50 euros? I'm not exactly sure what that is in CAD, but it sounds like 65$, which is around bang on with the Panasonic RPSDJ400. The bass is tight, and overall the headphones are VERY good in sound quality and comfort. Isolation is pretty good as well, whilst these headphones are less common, they're gems. They're easily worth 80$ headphones; IF it werent for their achilles heel: They're headband. The headband is as fragile as glass (that's being generous, it really is as strong as a cracker... It's extremely brittle). Get these headphones for sure if you are careful with your headphones; if not, move on.

What 65$ also could get you is the Sony Giiq; again, uncommon, but not really sure why. They're open-back so isolation is lower, and there isnt much bass to be had in these headphones to be honest with you. But the highs are nicely seperated and pleasant, the headphones are comfortable (for open-backs and for first-time headphone buyers), and as durable as a tank. You can easily turn the headband into a pretzel, take a few bites on it, throw it at a few walls at maximum throwing force, and it'll come back scratchless. Defientely worth looking at if you dont mind not having much bass.

Thats all I know for the low low price range to be honest with you. Be wary of the XB series and please try them before buying, or you'll be surprised at just how bassheavy they are.

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #6 of 7
I have to agree with the Iem suggestion. Unless you increase a bit your budget. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back