1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Good headphones for post harbor and other rock genres. Budget 200$

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by hifipenguin, Apr 18, 2013.
  1. HifiPenguin
    I already have vmoda m100 for electronic and rap music. I also have some ath m50s coming in soon. However, I need some good cans for post hardcore and other rock music. I'm willing to pay up to 200$. I've had the Sr 225 and Sr 80s recommended for these genres but am ñeleaning towards the sr80s because people say the extra 100$ is just not worth it.

What other headphones 200$ in your opinion would be Much better than the sr80s? Also would these be good for watching movies and shows? If not, what would you recommend for that?

Btw I listen to music on my Rocoo P<3

2. Redo
    SR225's are worth it.

3. HifiPenguin
    Bump.
    My life is complete.
    Vmoda m100s (rap&electronic genres), ath m50s, grado sr80i (rock/metal), ath ad400 (gaming&showsonline), Rocoo P, and cowon c2 w/ e11.

What can I do next to enhance my at home musical experience?

4. KamijoIsMyHero
    full size open headphones, good luck

5. Biscuitz
    Quote:
    Buy L-Cush pads. Seriously. It's the easiest way to get the most out of your SR80i. The SR80i with L-Cush is an aggressive experience befitting aggressive music.

http://www.amazon.com/Grado-L-Cush-Large-Replacement-Cushions/dp/B0006GCCO0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366406233&sr=8-1&keywords=grado+l-cush+pads

I think simply switching from SR80i's stock pads to the L-Cush pads improves sound by a good 20%. However, my 20% might be your 5%...or your 50%. But for $20, I think it's a must-buy for the lower Grado models.

6. sonex
    to be honest headphones are great for private listening to improve your listening experience get some quality speakers and have the best of both worlds as a choice.