good headphones for metal
Jan 12, 2016 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ragnellsaria

New Head-Fier
alright guys i need a bit of help im saving for my next headphones my budget will be 500 my fav type of music is heavy metal i own some headphones and there is a type of sound im looking for but im not sure wich are the best option for me i would like to have a sound something like a mix of this =the bass response of my momentums mids something like the 598 and the treeble like the ath m50 sound stage i would like something good  just not as a big as the one in the q701 wich i tend to find too large and the sound is way too cold for my tastes im not sure if anyone could help me thanks in advance :D 

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #3 of 8
I enjoy the Grado SR-80e with the Cushion S pads for metal. Unfortunately I cannot wear them for more than an hour or so because they hurt the outside of my ears.

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #4 of 8
Grado has two fantastic headphones that scream Metal (both are open so keep that in mind).

1. RS2e ($495.00)
2. SR325e ($295.00)

I'd say the RS2e's would edge out with more percussive music and the SR325e's with electric guitars. Both fantastic headphones for metal IMHO.

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #5 of 8
Just realized this is a duplicate of this post:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/715478/headphones-for-metal-music-ultimate-solution

I'd check that out as their are a ton of great post.

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #6 of 8
I prefer the SR-80e over the more expensive Grados because you do not really gain anything in going up the expense line. I have owned everything from the SR-60 to RS-1i and still prefer the SR-80 with the Cushion S pads. These pads filter the bass so you get more bass instead of more treble which is the case with the Cushion G ( bowl ) pads. With the bright pads installed metal is too fatiguing for my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back