Good headphones for classical/opera??
Jun 29, 2005 at 4:27 AM Post #31 of 32
Having tried my friend's AKG240S with DJ Krush and Toshinori Kondo's Ki-oku, Miles Davis Kind of Blue, Best of Pavarotti (Aria selection), Faure Requiem with Kathleen Battle, Saint-Saen Organ Works and Chopin's Nocturnes for variety and selection, the AKGs are definitely an improvement on my current cans (except the MS1 on everything except the Requiem and Saint-Saen. I love the MS1 to DEATH, just not for organ or choral or soprano!)

I generally like Sennheiser....the DT880s seem (from various postings here) to be lower on my upgrade priority....

So, I think I will try to score 2 deals on the HD595/HD600 and the AKG501 instead of splurging on a pair of modded and woodies HD600s. The mods can come later...

How much sound do these leak in and out? As much as the MS1? I use headphones at work to block out my soccer mom colleagues (sorry to any soccer moms here, but 8 hours of non-stop meldramatic home life is cruel and inhuman punishment.... meep!) I appreciate my HD280s for their awesome ability to create an office door for me (stupid open office/cubicle layout!)

Jun 29, 2005 at 9:03 AM Post #32 of 32
The Sennheiser leaks moderately. The AKG 501 leaks alot. Doubles up as a mini speaker...a bonus for me
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back