Good headphones and in-ear headphones for Rock/Metal and other things
Jun 4, 2013 at 10:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JIARX

New Head-Fier
Hello dear friends from Head-Fi, i am new to the audiophile world and i want to start with a good pair of headphones for home use and sometimes using them outside, and a good pair of in-ear headphones :) .

I am into sludge (Mastodon, Baroness, Kylesa, Melvins), progressive (Tool, Peach, Rush, Yes), stoner (Kyuss, Sleep), thrash (Municipal Waste, Suicidal Tendencies, Violator), classic heavy (Iron Maiden, Racer X, Motörhead), hard rock (AC/DC, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Van Halen), some funky, alternative and nippon stuff (RHCP, RATM, Primus, MCR, Maximum The Hormone, Kings Of Leon, The Strokes, The Artic Monkeys, etc). To mention some of the things i hear :D

My budget is 150$ for the headphones and 100$ for the in-ear headphones. I am sorry for the bad english, it's beacuse i am from Venezuela.:p

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #2 of 3
Hello man, and welcome to head-fi. 

Grado is the most common and appropriate headphone for your music taste. Take a look at the SR80 or the SR125i (which is an improved SR80)

Sorry, little experience with Iems. 

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #3 of 3
+1

Grados are great for rock. However, you mentioned using them outside. Grados are open headphones. Therefore, no isolation from your surroundings. People can hear your music, and you can hear everything going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back