Good headphones, <$30, possible?
May 23, 2009 at 6:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Zida

500+ Head-Fier
Hey, im looking for a pair of headphones for a friend of mine.
the only real requirements are (relatively) good, and cheap! really, the cheaper the better. They really need to blow some IBuds out of the water.
And so i turn to the masters that are Head-Fi.

so far im looking around for some used koss portapros, or used Panasonic RP-HTX7's (i dont know what people around here think of em, but a tried a pair of my buddie's once and thought they were awesome for their price, and just needed an EQ tweak).

So, headfi, what other headphones do you recommend? btw im not looking for earbuds or IEMS, and would like to avoid the clip-on style of the Koss KSC-75.

btw2, i currently have an old pair of AKG K26P's that just need a recabling. i might just wind up finding a soldering iron and trying my hand at that, but if i fail and getting it professionally done will cost too much, we'll be looking to buy new headphones, which is why i made this thread- to see what other options there are.

Thanks in advance, you guys have done me well in the past!

May 23, 2009 at 2:17 PM Post #2 of 9
If you want full sized cans, look at the HA-RX700.
This is in the wrong forum btw.

May 23, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #6 of 9
This should be in the full size forum, headfi.org/forums/f4

May 24, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #7 of 9
alright well i wouldnt mind keeping this thread open since we're not sure of just how big these headphones will be, though they do need to be portable-ish. like... laptop portable, not pocket portable.

anyways, thanks for that tip on the JVC's, im really interested in those now. people on hard forum seem to be all
eek.gif
about them.
does anyone sell a clip on headband for the ksc75's? cause i have a busted pair of those i could just get replaced for 7 bucks.

May 24, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #8 of 9
You could try the JVC HA S150. Extremely lightweight on-ear with fairly good isolation. Cheap but still a good headphone. There have been a couple threads on them.

May 24, 2009 at 7:27 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zida /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does anyone sell a clip on headband for the ksc75's? cause i have a busted pair of those i could just get replaced for 7 bucks.

A pair of crappy headphones from parts-express has a headphone with the same clip design as the KSC-75s. It came out to just over $5 shipped for me, but imo it does NOT clamp down hard enough and is very weak in general. Also doesnt look particularly stylin' - i was really hoping to be able to wear my ksc75's outside with it, but sadly they look even goofier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back