Good headphone with bass
Sep 26, 2003 at 2:57 AM Post #2 of 7
sony v6 if you can take the bright that goes with the great bass.

beyer 770s if you can power them right.

koss pro4aat if you can power them right and take the recessed midrange.

sony v900 if you can take the darkness and the incessant flaming.

Sep 26, 2003 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 7
CD-3000 if you can find a pr. used. HD600 with cable upgrade (also used) or a new pr. of HD600 with stock cable.

Sep 26, 2003 at 3:05 AM Post #4 of 7
DT770s plus an amp have good bass, but it's colored.

AKG K271s have the deepest bass response of any closed headphone I've heard, and it's tight. The rest of the frequency spectrum is in place, too.

All of the grados I've heard have had lively clean bass.

HD600s with a cardas cable have excellent bass, but only if you drive them with a good amp and source combo.

I don't list headphones that have "tons of bass" whose midrange / highs are craptacular.

Cheers,
Geek

Sep 26, 2003 at 3:09 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Geek
I don't list headphones that have "tons of bass" whose midrange / highs are craptacular.

i do but i'll warn them first.
evil_smiley.gif
basshead.gif

i've never heard them out of a blockhead or anything but while the hd600 bass is quite good, i think it's more of a bass presence than monster-sub, rump-shaker bass.

Sep 26, 2003 at 3:37 AM Post #6 of 7
The modded HD280's have the best bass of any of the headphones I have (see sig). Mids and highs are good on them, although all of my other headphones are better in those areas.

Sep 26, 2003 at 5:29 AM Post #7 of 7
will that be low bass, bloated bass, tight bass, or visceral bass?

visceral bass is bass that shakes your ears. bloated bass could give you more bass presence, like a Grado. Low bass would be something like a HD600.

I take it you want low, tight and visceral bass without mid bass colouration, with balanced treble levels, without treble shrieking, a slight midrange forward sound, with good sound-staging, excellent dynamic headroom, fast transients through the audible range, for the most part neutral and transparent, all in one package, right?

I'm just trying to get an idea of what you constitute "excellent bass". If it is just bass...

Welcome to Head-Fi.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back