Good Headphone & Speaker Amp?
Mar 21, 2015 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AdrianDS

New Head-Fier
I recently bought a pair of KEF ls50's and I enjoy them very much. The problem is, my vintage NAD amp's (3150) headphone out is broken 
frown.gif
. I've been looking to replace the amp anyways because it doesn't really compare well to the other amps I've heard with the ls50's. I'm looking for a good headphone and speaker amp in the 500-1000 dollar range. All suggestions are welcome 
smile.gif

Thx

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #2 of 3
  I recently bought a pair of KEF ls50's and I enjoy them very much. The problem is, my vintage NAD amp's (3150) headphone out is broken 
frown.gif
. I've been looking to replace the amp anyways because it doesn't really compare well to the other amps I've heard with the ls50's. I'm looking for a good headphone and speaker amp in the 500-1000 dollar range. All suggestions are welcome 
smile.gif

Thx

NAD D3020 especially if you can use the DAC and won't need a lot of power for the headphones, AudioGD Precision 1 if you want only the amplifier. Low and high gain mode reverses which end of the impedance range gets more power (low gain has max output at low impedance, high gain has max output at higher impedance). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back