Good headphone shops in Chicago
Jan 4, 2004 at 8:11 AM Post #2 of 10
I haven't tried any local shops, but you're welcome to try any of the headphones I own.
580smile.gif

Jan 4, 2004 at 1:18 PM Post #4 of 10
Tuberoller (a highly respected member here) has often talked about Decible Audio - http://www.store.yahoo.com/decibelchicago/

I know they carry Grado because I've had a couple of long distance dealings with them.

Jan 4, 2004 at 3:29 PM Post #6 of 10
I like Holm Audio - just east of I-355 between I-88 and I-55. Nearby on Ogden Ave just west of I-294 is Audio Consultants. Two great places to go.
Holm has a great try 'em out policy. I got a couple of headphone amps for Sunday and Monday evaluation - very nice.
Nick

Jan 4, 2004 at 4:03 PM Post #8 of 10
There is going to be a meet in Milwaukee in a couple of weeks you might want to attend. We will probably be having a Chicago get together in the Spring. Great opportunity to listen to amps and headphones without a salesman hovering nearby.

Jan 4, 2004 at 4:22 PM Post #9 of 10
Thanks John. I'm looking forward to that meet. I hope to be there. I was just looking for some local places as well.

I'm looking for a decent set of portable headphones for now. From reading posts on the forum I'm leaning on the Sennheiser PX100, PX200, or Grado SR60 models. A couple of the dealers listed here, plus a shop called Simply Stereo in Hoffman Estates seem to carry Grado, but I'm having difficulty find a reseller of lower model Sennheiser headphones.

Jan 4, 2004 at 7:08 PM Post #10 of 10
Holm has a large selection of the Sennheiser, I know they have the HD495's for example but I would call them to see if they have any PXxxx series. They do have the entire Grado line from the SR-40's up to the RS-1's and they carry the ASL MG Head OTL Ver. 2 and the Grado RA-1. It's near the 75th street overpass by 355 in Woodridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back