Good headphone for CD player
Jan 21, 2002 at 7:32 AM Post #2 of 21
First of all, welcome to the forum (ummm, can I welcome people? I've only been here a few months myself.....)

Anyway, you'll probably get more help if you tell us a bit more about what you're looking for. open vs. closed, what type of music you listen to, etc.

I'd take a look at sony mdr-v6s (about $55 from etronics, just a bit more than you wanted to spend) if you want some closed phones to block out surrounding noise, or if you'll be listening around others and don't want to bother them.

Also, for a cheaper alternative, check out koss's offerings, specifically the KSC-35. They can be found for $30, and are supposed to sound great for the price (I need to order a pair myself). Get them at www.headphone.com.

I'm sure others will give some more options.

PS - buy yourself some cans and get the hell away from this forum. I was in your position a few months ago, just wanted to spend $50-$75 on some good cans, and I've ended up with 4 sets of headphones, a new cd player, md player, and an amp. And I'm not done yet.
smily_headphones1.gif

You've been warned.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2002 at 7:36 AM Post #3 of 21
Koss Sportapro and Portapro are good, as well as the KSC-35s. I would think he needs something a little more portable than the MDR V6s, eh?

Jan 21, 2002 at 7:46 AM Post #4 of 21
Probably, just mentioned them in the event that he needed a closed phone, as the v6 is near his price range and at least more portable than many other closed cans. I use mine portably from time to time.

Jan 21, 2002 at 11:18 AM Post #5 of 21
IMO, the best cans under $50, by far, are the Koss KSC-35. Overall they're probably my favorite headphones under $100. Comfortable, lightweight, and stable, with great, balanced sound.

Jan 21, 2002 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 21
I listen to everything but its mostly rap and hip hop, and i got the DFJ65STCSKIT by sony if that helps much, i dont really care if theyre closed or not im 15 and will probably wear them on the way to school and on trips on the car, or just casually every once in awhile.

Jan 21, 2002 at 9:30 PM Post #7 of 21
If you don't mind hearing things going on around you, then the Koss models people mention will do just fine. If you want something closed and very rugged, that will last years, and years, and years...well, you get the idea, try the V6's. Welcome to head-fi!

George

Jan 21, 2002 at 9:34 PM Post #8 of 21
Already been said, but I'll throw in my 2 cents anyway........V6s or KSC-35. Can't go wrong with either. If durability is a concern, go for the V6s. I've had 2 pairs for over 10 years.......as good as new!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2002 at 9:58 PM Post #10 of 21
USA? Headphone.com

George

Jan 21, 2002 at 10:45 PM Post #11 of 21
Welcome,
If you don't need something very portable like the koss ksc-35, I would seriously consider the Denon 210. They are about the size of those sony v200 things, but sound a whole whole lot better, and also have a metal headband which is a plus. http://shopping.yahoo.com/shop?d=zhp...-cur/denon_210

Check out that site for prices, i believe they can be had for under 50$$$ shipped. ALso, you mention your like for rap and hip hop, so i assume you want something that has a low end, these headphones have more than enough bass and can handle a lot.

Blastoff

Jan 21, 2002 at 10:52 PM Post #13 of 21
Dont go with Denon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All i've had is bad luck with Denon cans, the 210's and 350's.

Plus, they don't sound that good, even though i haven't listened to the Koss cans go with those or the V6's. Avoid low end Denon cans at all costs people!

George

Jan 21, 2002 at 11:23 PM Post #14 of 21
The KSC-35 is the best all-around portable headphone. I haven't found anything else that can combine such great sound quality, comfort, portability, and versatility (i.e. can also be used for vigorous exercise) into such an inexpensive package. I couldn't justify keeping my $150 Grado SR-125s for portable duty after I bought the KSC-35s. The sound is so good, and the cost and versatility so much better. They do well with bass-heavy music too, if that's a concern to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back