good grado synergy?
Jan 21, 2005 at 4:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

chia-pet

100+ Head-Fier
Recently I've revealed my headphone hobby to my girlfriend. She was sort of surprised at first that I'd spend so much on headphones, but after she listened to my hd650s, she began to understand.

Anyway, she was thinking about buying me sr-225s for my birthday (for me AND her), and I was wondering what sort of synergy these cans had with an e-mu 1212m and a corda ha-2 mk1 amp. I've only heard good things about these cans with gilmores. Any advice?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 7
Sounds like a good combo. Any amp with ample power, low distortion, and flat frequency response(the last two go for the source, also) should go well with the Grados or.. well, any other headphone.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #3 of 7
forget about anything else, the fun factor alone makes it worth having at least one Grado in your collection.

make sure you get the right one, though. I, for example, found the SR-125 to be not as pleasurable as the SR-80. 225s should be alright but haven't heard them in years

RS-2 rocks

RS-1 is RS-1

Jan 21, 2005 at 12:51 PM Post #4 of 7
I love my 225s. The 1212 is a top-notch card and should sound good with anything. Corda is also known for making quality products. I'm not 100% sure about Corda's synergy with Grados but I seem to recall seeing a positive comment about it here and there. You also might want to check into Gilmore amps if you know you're going Grado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back