Good flac players? (Windows)
Feb 6, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm.. I have not used BPP SYNC much with 0404 USB yet but, AFAIK, if you're in ASIO mode, it's always needed to set the SR in BPP manually and that setting should then change the output SR to the same automatically in 0404 Control panel.

When you use DS driver mode, SR won't change in E-MU panel as it does w/ ASIO.

I have not tried how's it with Asio4All but I guess it's the same as ASIO.

jiitee

I found that when using the 0404 USB via ASIO, I could change the sample rate in BPP's audio settings in the middle of playing back a file and only hear a very, very short interruption or click. The E-MU control panel would immediately show the newly selected rate--which obviously must involve resampling within BPP, because the the file continued to play back at proper pitch and tempo (regardless of whether I played a CD rip at 88.2 or 96k or a 96k hi-rez file at 44.1 or 88.2!)

Feb 6, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #17 of 19
Yes, BPP SYNC (and all previous versions too) has a build-in automatic SRC just because of the nature of the product .... I have not seen any articles regarding the quality of its SRC but, as the new audio engine is taken from TRAKTOR 3, which has been rated as a Professional software, I assume it's quite good.

jiitee

Feb 6, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #19 of 19
To OP: have you tried foobar's latest version? They've made some changes regarding interface customization, so now it's a lot easier and faster to perfect it to your liking. With the album art display panel and tree view integrated by default you don't have to go hunting for additional components.

This is my current interface. No eye candy, but it's functional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back