Good fighting and racing games for PS2?
Nov 16, 2004 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

TrevorNetwork

TrevorNetwork - Canadian Group Buy Coordinator
Hi All,

I have just purchased a PS2 (the new small one), and am looking for some fighting and racing games. Let's get some recommendations here!
biggrin.gif

Trevor

Nov 16, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #3 of 11
NFSU:2 is coming out tomorow on PS2 and xBox, should be very cool

Nov 16, 2004 at 2:48 AM Post #5 of 11
Wait for gran turismo 4 instead of buying 3. Comes out in early december I believe. Trust me the GT games are simply the best racing games there are. NFSU 2 is also a damn fun game too. For fighting virtua fighter series owns all.

Nov 16, 2004 at 4:43 AM Post #7 of 11
Tekken 4 and Soul Calibur 2. Tekken 5 may be out in february or so. These are pretty good ports. Very nice for practicing for playing against your buddies in the arcade. I've been playing these two games for well over a year now and it still is a blast to play with my arcade buddies at school.

Nov 16, 2004 at 5:35 AM Post #9 of 11
uMMM

gran turissmo 4?
I just bought a ps2, and just for that sole reason (as well as san andreas)

Nothing compares, on nay other system. now i just to know if ic an rig this bad boy to work :
http://www.thomas-superwheel.com/prods/01fml26.html

Racing at it's finest : ]
650 cars!!!! OMG.

Burnout... yea whatever that is ; )

j/k

What pisses me off is their online component will be in fact a seperate game. No worries, ill buy both!

Nov 16, 2004 at 1:58 PM Post #10 of 11
Soul calibur II and tekken 4 are TERRIBLE. stay far away.
You need look no further than Virtua Fighter 4:evolution. The BEST fighting game ever on any home console. (VF4:final tuned is perhaps better, but its arcade only so far).
Tekken 5 might be decent, but it will likely be a while before it gets a PS2 release.

Nov 16, 2004 at 4:05 PM Post #11 of 11
You will go broke buying new PS2 games at $50 a pop when first released, get a used GT3 A Spec for $5-6 on Amazon......do likewise for all PS2 games you get. Wait a year before you get GT4, your wallet will thank you.

Besides Gran Turismo series I really like the Wipeout series with the futuristic tracks and vehicles, also have great pulsating techno sound tracks. The real strength of PS2 is it's racing games.

As far as fighting games get used Soul Caliber II to start, combines weapon selection/technique with traditional fighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back