Good entry level Headphones
Oct 21, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #20 of 24
Just to comment on the comfort portion since you've mentioned that was a concern, I find the 58X more comfortable than the 4XX overall. You might find that the clamp force on the 58X at first can be a bit tight but after a while they're much more comfy imo, especially with the headband padding on the 4XX being basically nonexistent.

Oct 21, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #21 of 24
Just to comment on the comfort portion since you've mentioned that was a concern, I find the 58X more comfortable than the 4XX overall. You might find that the clamp force on the 58X at first can be a bit tight but after a while they're much more comfy imo, especially with the headband padding on the 4XX being basically nonexistent.

I don't have the 58X, but the 6XXs and I agree - the 6XXs are more comfortable for longer listening sessions than the 4XXs.

Oct 22, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #22 of 24
I like my hd600 for long listening sessions. Ive also heard good things about the harman neutral K371, that should be right at your budget as well.

Oct 24, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #24 of 24
thank you, i will look into it.

The K371s are a nice pair of cans for their price. I did end up returning them though because they had a pretty small sound stage so there would be moments where too much detail was being crammed into to little of a space. If you're going to go the studio monitor route, I actually prefer the Sony MDR-7506s which are a classic. You can buy upgraded pads for them to make them more comfortable. But yeah, if you're talking budget, closed-back studio headphones - I prefer the 7506 sound signature of the K371. Yet still, the 7506s can't compete with the 6XXs (or 58Xs) - assuming you have the power to drive them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back