Good Emotional Response
Mar 17, 2007 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

potatotron

100+ Head-Fier
It recently dawned on me that the most important aspect of music and headphonery isn't so much the accuracy or resolution of reproduction as the magnitude of shivers that run down one's spine when listening to a particularly powerful track.

In light of this, what are your recommendations for the most emotionally involving headphones - of any form factor - for about $250 or less?

Mar 17, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #2 of 4
One set that really works on my emotions, but unfortunately runs about $300, which is kinda sad, are the Alessandro MS2i.

These cans should ship with a cents-off coupon for a box of Kleenex.
tongue.gif

....got the bases well covered; HD600 for beauty and the MS2i for emotions.

Mar 17, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by potatotron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It recently dawned on me that the most important aspect of music and headphonery isn't so much the accuracy or resolution of reproduction as the magnitude of shivers that run down one's spine when listening to a particularly powerful track.

In light of this, what are your recommendations for the most emotionally involving headphones - of any form factor - for about $250 or less?

HD-650. None of my other cans (except potentially the K340, which I'm still exploring) come close in terms of euphony.

Cheers!

Edit: For that price though, your only option is to secure a used pair from, for example, this forum.

Mar 17, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #4 of 4
I think its partly personal preference. For me detailed balanced cans do it - before Stax always caught my ear, right now the w5k I just got really is getting it down.
Senns did not do it so much for me, bass/veil kinda take away from that, its like dealing with a girl that barely shows any form of feeling, and is rather rampaging. (not quite that ridiculous, I still like my hd595
580smile.gif
)
I would think Stax SR-001mkII would be the most emotional one in that price, really musical lil thing and very good sound too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back