good electronic music to relax to?
Oct 16, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #61 of 66
Manual - glitch ambient electronic from Jonas Munk. Absolutely incredible stuff. If you can get a copy of "Summer Sun" with Syntacks, it gets even better with heavy turntablism. His solo stuff like "Isares EP" and "Ascend" is also very much worth getting.

Múm - I have seen them live twice and they are great. Finally We are No One is a good starter. The farther back you go in their catalogue, the more electronic it is. The more recent stuff approaches more traditional "rock" aspects.

The Album Leaf - Get their new album, "In a Safe Place". It was helped along by Jon Thor Birgisson from Sigur Rós and it's much better than any of their previous works, in my opinion. Very relaxing.

Jónhann Jóhannsson - Another member of Sigur Rós. He recently released "Englabörn" where he does some great sampling with strings. Highly reccomended.

Obvious Aphex Twin mention - Selected Ambient Works, Vol 2 (etc etc)

"Jonny Greenwood - Body Song" - Jack of all trades musician of Radiohead. He put together this soundtrack for a friend's independent film. Very interesting stuff.

"Manuel Göttsching - E2-E4" - One of the pioneers of german electronic.

There's a few to get started.

Oct 17, 2004 at 10:01 PM Post #63 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by motaboy
One of my all time favorite electronic albums:

Sasha - Airdawndagger.
Very relaxing album, totaly diffferent from his previous albums which were basically his 'club sets' packed to a CD.

I still listen to it after 2 years, while most of my electronic taste changed every once in a while.

I enthusiatically second this recommendation. A unique and great album.

Oct 19, 2004 at 11:58 AM Post #64 of 66
I'd like to second Kraftwerk's "Tour de France" its their most relaxing album (if you can call Kraftwerk totally relaxing?). I'd also add Eno's "My life in the bush of ghosts" its got something that I keep going back for.

TonyAAA

Oct 19, 2004 at 7:36 PM Post #65 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by princeclassic
i heard a string of songs by "shpongle" on the radio today. nifty stuff. anyone else familiar with em?

Good stuff. That's Simon Posford & Raja Ram. SP is also the guy behind Hallucinogen (albums: Hallucinogen, The Lone Deranger) and Celtic Cross. You can find much of his stuff through chaosexistence.net and saikosounds.com.

That whole genre is typically referred to as psychedelic downtempo.

Oct 19, 2004 at 7:43 PM Post #66 of 66
Some of my favorite chilled out electronic cds:

Ott - Blumenkraft: This cd is absolutely brilliant. A bit of dub, downtempo, psy, and some reggae type beats all rolled together (for smoking?). The mastering is excellent as well, especially for a small project. I bought this from amazon a few months ago, but they appear to be out of stock
frown.gif

The Orb!!!! These guys pioneered the whole psy-dub sound as far as I know. To get most of their best tracks, check out the compilation "U. F. Off". Plus, its got the best cover ever.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music

Also check out Talvin Singh. There's a collective cd called "Anokha - Soundz of the Asian Underground". Its a mix of electronic & live stuff with an Indian flavor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back