good electronic music to relax to?
Oct 14, 2004 at 4:08 AM Post #47 of 66
Lesser's Gearhound relaxes me...but, I am a bit odd...relaxation music for the adhd in us all.

O Yuki Conjugate's "Peyote" works pretty well for relaxing...yet isn't mindnumbingly dull.

Oddly enough, I find Nurse with Wound's "Soliloquy for Lilith" relaxing in an alien sort of way.

Oct 14, 2004 at 3:50 PM Post #49 of 66
Tortoise was already recommended, but I would recommend TNT or Millions Now Living May Never Die for more relaxing music (I actually like them better in general...). I would also recommend Windy and Carl -- Antartica or Consciousness. Stars of the Lid is also good, but I think I like Windy and Carl better for relaxation. Fila Brazillia's "Maim that Tune" can also be very relaxing at a lower volume...probably pretty close to the Thievery Corporation that you were listening to.

Oct 14, 2004 at 3:57 PM Post #50 of 66
Kraftwerk - Tour de France Soundtracks.

Excellent.

Oct 14, 2004 at 8:33 PM Post #51 of 66
Portishead - Portishead or Dummy

B000001FI7.01._PE7_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B000003TSP.01._PE_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Goldfrapp - Felt Mountain

B00004XSS2.01._PE12_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Good stuff!

Oct 15, 2004 at 4:55 AM Post #52 of 66
Lots of stuff on the Fax label.

Zenith.

Anything on the Waveform label (I think -- I don't have it all). Quote:

Originally Posted by scamper
Oddly enough, I find Nurse with Wound's "Soliloquy for Lilith" relaxing in an alien sort of way.

Where's the bugs-eyes-out icon?

Oct 15, 2004 at 5:00 AM Post #53 of 66
I was looking for that Icon as well.
biggrin.gif

I have heard SFL? For some reason, I find it soothing and hypnotic...but, it isn't sappy or sugar sweet either...nothing like a nice drone to help you float off into dreamland.

I will say that SFL bugs the hell out of my wife.
280smile.gif

Sounds very nice out of my DT 440's.

Oct 15, 2004 at 6:08 AM Post #54 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by scamper
I have heard SFL?

Yes, but I haven't played it in a while. I should pop it out again. I just don't remember it being ...relaxing...

I'm "all about" NWW, Current 93, et al.

But then again, who am I to talk -- me, who used to deliberately play Too Dark Park (Skinny Puppy) to fall asleep to.

Oct 15, 2004 at 6:56 AM Post #55 of 66
Brian Eno and Harold Budd produced an album together a few years ago, one of my faves to drive home from work to late at night, it's very relaxing with Eno's touch of "quite weird" mixed in, also there is some very good ambient on David Bowie's "Hero's" and "Low" albums

Oct 15, 2004 at 9:22 PM Post #56 of 66
"Satta" by Boozoo Bajou.
"Selected Ambient Works 85-92" by Aphex Twin.
"Ephemeral" by Synaesthesia.

EDIT:
The following lines appeared in my post without me having written them
confused.gif

Quote:

I would say ambient works from 92-till 200whatever. I think the second album is more relaxing (I have done several research papers to it....

Oct 15, 2004 at 10:17 PM Post #57 of 66
For me it's often 12k all the way. Especially the works of Taylor Deupree and Frank Bretschneider. Both have recordings for other labels too, including raster.

Oct 16, 2004 at 6:42 AM Post #60 of 66
Philip Jeck -- 7

One of the tracks gets into noise territory, but much of the rest is ambient and at least somewhat peaceful. Been good work music for the last couple days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back