good earphones for sleeping?
Jun 11, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #17 of 23
I'm currently using Marshmallows w/ E2C foamie tips. By the time I wake up, the music has long ceased so I can hear pretty well but I don't use an alarm so I don't know what your situation would be like if you still had music playing in the morning.

Jun 11, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #19 of 23
I've been looking for these too.

Earbuds/iem's smaller than my MX500w's (so they don't "push" when I roll to the other side of my head), and hopefully with a real durable cord (from rolling over on it).

If there isn't something out yet, it's officially a market beggin for a product.

Jun 11, 2007 at 10:05 AM Post #20 of 23
For IEMs, I highly recommend the Shure E5x0's and the Sennheiser CX300's for comfort, although the CX300's do not fit snuggly and can become loose with lots of movements which isn't much of a problem when you are lying on your bed anyway. You can wear these and lie on your side and they wouldn't hurt.

With other earphones (such as Sennheiser MX series, Apple iPod earphones, Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro's) they'll hurt when they are pressed against your ears or your inner ears

Jun 11, 2007 at 10:18 AM Post #21 of 23
I'll be the first to say this.

You probably shouldn't be wearing phones while sleeping. People move around alot while they sleeping, could easily lead to damage to the phones, or much worse, your ears.

Jun 11, 2007 at 10:37 AM Post #22 of 23
Westone UM1 are excellent for that use. Super low profile and don't stick out at all.

Jun 13, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #23 of 23
despite what all the naysayers are saying about not doing it, I sleep with Sony MDR-EX71SL. They are comfy, cheap and the alarm wakes me up. No infections in the months that I have been doing this.

They are not the best sounding headphones I own, but the are the cheapest, so I don't actually worry about breaking them by tossing and turning.

rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back