good earphones for sleeping?
Jun 10, 2007 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

zsnes

New Head-Fier
i was wondering what some good earphones for sleeping would be (not cans). they need to be around the $80 price range and are able to let me hear the alarm in the morning.

Jun 10, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 23
My $69 Yuin PK2s are small enough to fall asleep wearing. They arent noise isolating, so you should be able to hear an alarm just fine. There are some canalphones that aren't completely isolating that could work too.

Jun 10, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #5 of 23
For a couple years I wore my E2Cs to sleep and they were plenty comfortable for me. As long as I just played through one album, the music would be done in the morning and I'd hear my alarm fine. I'm now sleeping with the Atrio M5s, and find them to be pretty much just as comfortable as the E2Cs. (both are IEMs, btw).

Jun 10, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #6 of 23
I'm not sure if IEM would be that great for sleeping in. I find that they irritate my ear after prolonged use. And if you're the type of shuffle around in bed, the wires are very thin and may be damaged easily. Plus, something like the e4c blocks out a good deal of noise, you might not be able to hear that alarm in the morning. It happened to me once. Using only one side gives a strange sound to me. The music doesn't envelope me like when both are in. Those are just my experience with my e4c. Your results may differ.
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #9 of 23
v-moda vibes maybe? they don't seem to go as deep in the canal as most, and they have the port so they're not completely isolating. therefore you should be able to hear the radio in the morning. or i found UM1s to be the most comfy

Jun 11, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #10 of 23
I've never really had a problem sleeping on my side with any kind of earphones; IEM's or buds. Its hard for me to recommend a specific type because what I'd wear while walking around would be the same ones I wear to sleep. I've never noticed certain ones to be more or less comfortable. Depends on how sensitive your ears are I guess.

Jun 11, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #15 of 23
There has been at least a couple of threads like this one in the last few weeks...possibly months. Anyways, look into the following:

-Westone UM1
-Etymotic ER6i
-JAYS d-JAYS

They are all meant to be discreet. UM1 will fit completely inside the ear. d-JAYS will rest very flat inside the ear. The UM1 and d-JAYS are especially known for good comfort.

I don't think most of the Shure models would be that comfortable to lie on. Definitely not super.fi's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back