Good earphones for running
Sep 11, 2007 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Antony6555

500+ Head-Fier
What are some good earphones for running? My e500s always fall out and I'm wondering if this happens with all IEMs, even customs. If IEMs don't work, what are other good options that still have good sound quality?

Sep 11, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #2 of 10
i've jogged with my previous e500's and they were fine. i used the yellow foam tips, so they usually don't move around all too much... maybe you should try that... i have no problems with my UE-10's either, but normally i don't go out with them for fear of sweat and muggers. i just stick to my ipod stock buds nowadays.

Sep 12, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #3 of 10
i find that if i use the white 3-flange earbuds.. they would stay in my ear better. even on hot sweaty days, they dont fall out. Problem with these is that they need to be put on w/ 2 hands...

Sep 12, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #4 of 10
I wouldn't use my high-end IEM while running because of the excess moisture that actually seeps from your ears, when exercising, may damage the unit. Also, dirt, grim, sweat, and accidents are the other reasons not to use such expensive buds for running.

Maybe you should try cheapie buds or just run for the sake of running. Without audio distractions, I get more focused on improving my form, breathing, speed, and distance.

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:07 PM Post #5 of 10
I have been looking for the same thing. I don't want to worry about moisture on my ec3's. I don't want to give up sound quality too much. I don't want quite as tight of a seal.

I am looking at the JVC marshmallows as a cheap set to try.

Sep 12, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #6 of 10
I don't like the microphonic effects of IEMs while running. I either use cheap earbuds or KSC-75s.

Sep 13, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #8 of 10
A few weeks ago, I had the same problem and came to the conclusion to better buy a pair of KSC75s for running purposes. With my E4, I had terrible problems with microphonics and the foot fall sound (you call it that way?)...

Sep 13, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't use my high-end IEM while running because of the excess moisture that actually seeps from your ears, when exercising, may damage the unit. Also, dirt, grim, sweat, and accidents are the other reasons not to use such expensive buds for running.

Maybe you should try cheapie buds or just run for the sake of running. Without audio distractions, I get more focused on improving my form, breathing, speed, and distance.

I'd have to agree, no need to subject your precious earphones to possible damage.

Are you really keen on audio quality for jogging? Are you really going to hear every high and low? No. I'd suggest something with an over the ear attachment. It doesn't isolate as much, but if that's an issue, you can get attachments to take care of that. Or, if you're handy, make inserts yourself to fit the over the ear phones.

Sep 13, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #10 of 10
if you are running outside, i wouldn't recommend IEMs, kinda dangerous.

i like using clip-ons or ones with an over the ear attachment. also ones without foam tips coz i sweat a lot and it would make it uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back