Good Earphones/Canalphones For $50?
Jan 7, 2005 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

josh files

New Head-Fier
I Understand that isn't that much, But These will be my 1st proper pair, and Don't want to drop to much in. I listen to Rock, Punk, and Metal. Need to be comfortable, and sound good. Would perfur Earphones/Canalphones because Portable, Therfore would get used more.

Jan 7, 2005 at 6:26 PM Post #3 of 10
I was investigating a pair under $50 as well, and the biggest factor i've found is finding a pair that fits properly. My $13 sony earbuds sound worlds better if i press them to my ear just right, but I havn't found any that will just sit there and sound as good as they could sound without me having to hold them in the proper position.

I'm only looking to wear these maybe 30 days out of the year, when it's cold enough that the sennDH280's ear warmth aren't enough, and I NEED a winter hat, so the cheaper the better.

Jan 7, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #4 of 10
Koss Plug. Amazon's got them, and they should run you less than 20 shipped. They are not great headphones, but a good value. Otherwise jump to the shures, which will run you over 60.

Jan 7, 2005 at 7:00 PM Post #5 of 10
Everyone loves the Sharp MD33, at $40, some say they like them better than their Shures for what they paid for. Koss the Plug is a horrible fone, reviewd and tested

Jan 7, 2005 at 7:37 PM Post #6 of 10
Not sure what you mean by "earphones"... But Im gonna assume earclips fall into that category... sorry if I mis-interpret that.

For $20 youre not going to beat the KSC75... IMHO. Cheaper and sounds better than the EX51/71. Half the price of the MD33, 1/3 the price of the e2c.

Demo the koss drivers at radio shack if you can.... they sell the KTXPro1 which uses the same driver.

These are my oppinios of course...
Garrett

Jan 7, 2005 at 11:26 PM Post #7 of 10
So what's up with the 4 pole design on the MD33's. Do I need a specific adapter to use this on sources with only left,right, and common ground?

Jan 7, 2005 at 11:38 PM Post #9 of 10
For comfort, the Sony MDR-EX71's are probaly your best choice, though for sound quality, as said the Sharp MD33's. Mobility is a big word, though, I could tell you that any headphone that allows use without an Ac connected amp is portable, since you can take it with you :\.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back