Good earbud recommendation?
Apr 15, 2011 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Ferrari353

New Head-Fier
I know I'll probably sound like a total noob among all you audiophiles, but here goes:
I had Bose IE (1's I guess) and Bose offers this replacement service where you can get the newest one for half price, so I'm trading them in for the IE2 earbuds, but I'm not sure if I should keep the IE2's or sell them and get something else.  I liked my old IE(1)'s but I've heard that Bose overprices their stuff and you can get better stuff for the same price.  Is this true?  My price range is about $75-100.  Can somebody recommend some good earbuds for me?

Apr 15, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #3 of 10
I'm pretty confused by that thread...I listen to stuff like alternative and pop and stuff...I also use my earbuds with my computer to watch videos (like reviews and whatnot) so voice is kind of important.

Apr 16, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
Wait I'm confused...I thought the Bose IE2's were IEM's....what's the difference between earbuds and IEM's?

Well, an earbud doesn't actually create a seal in your ear canal.  An IEM is kind of like an earplug with a driver built into it, whereas the Bose IE2 just kind of rests in your ear.  So it's classified as an earbud, not an IEM.  Another example of an earbud is the 'phones that come with ipods and iphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back