Good, durable pair of IEMs to go with my iPhone?
Dec 28, 2008 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

e__

New Head-Fier
I'm sure everyone who bought an iPhone before the 3g has had headphone troubles, as the janky jack on the phone forces people to find either special headphones that can miraculously fit or buy a special Apple pair (jesus). Right now I just have the standard apple iphone headphones that the phone comes with, and after wearing them for about an hour my ear gets sore from the stupid buds. I have several pairs of cheap, $20-30 pairs of in-ear headphones, none of which fit the iphone, and I even put $20 into an adapter that ended up shorting out. (If anyone has any tips for increasing the life of my headphones, then by all means, tell me. I will greatly appreciate it)

I'm looking for a pair of headphones that I can carry around that will last long in my pocket without shorting out, and I'm looking for a good quality headphone (or at least a good quality "beginner" headphone as mentioned in the guide). I couldn't care less about the headphone having a microphone or special iphone controls, I just want the stupid thing to fit. My friend recently got the TiTans by skull candy, and while I like the headphones (especially the foam tips) I heard that they give a lot of interference from just moving a little bit. Since I plan on listening to my phone on the go, the last thing I want is interference. I mostly listen to progressive metal/rock, black metal, death metal, etc. (If it helps, my two favorite artists are Devin Townsend and Opeth).

Now, I'm no headphone expert (I hardly even know whether to call what I use IEMs, earbuds, headphones, etc.), so I want to get a pair of "beginner" headphones, IE price range of less than $100.

I'm looking for a pair that costs $50-60, but I'm willing to go to $100 (or, $125, worst case scenario) if the headphones fit the criteria and I can be certain of quality and durability.

So, to sum up all of the points:
  1. Durable
  2. Fits in iPhone
  3. Good quality "beginner" earphones
  4. Foam tips if possible
  5. $50-$100
  6. Good for listening to metal

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Dec 28, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #2 of 7
jvc marshmallows modded to the iphone earbud cable might fit the bill, if your looking for something a bit better the NuForce NE-7M seem to be extremely popular lately

Dec 29, 2008 at 11:41 AM Post #5 of 7
i also ordered Nuforce Ne7 with comply tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back