Good DIY electronic store in Tampa Bay, FLA area?
Nov 4, 2003 at 10:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

itza2mer

500+ Head-Fier
I've been to Chester's in Largo, and the selection is spotty at best. Anyone know of any other good (no Radio Shack, please) walk-in electronic surplus stores in the Tampa Bay area that carry quality connectors, cable, heat shrink, techflex, thin wall teflon tubing, etc.? There's always mail order, but sometimes it's nice to just drive to a store and buy what you want.

Thanks

Nov 4, 2003 at 11:38 AM Post #2 of 4
There are none in the Tampa Bay area, unfortunately.

Besides Chester, the only other electronics supply store is Atlantic in Clearwater (in between 66th and US-19), but their prices, in a word, blow.

There is Skycraft surplus in Orlando. It's just off the Fairbanks Ave. exit on I-4. Hours are 8-6 M-F and ?-5 Sat. I highly recommend checking it out.

Finally, there's Astro Too in Melbourne:

Astro Too

I've only been there once, mainly because Skycraft is better organized and an hour closer to me.

Nov 4, 2003 at 11:53 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by jeffreyj
There are none in the Tampa Bay area, unfortunately.

Besides Chester, the only other electronics supply store is Atlantic in Clearwater (in between 66th and US-19), but their prices, in a word, blow.

There is Skycraft surplus in Orlando. It's just off the Fairbanks Ave. exit on I-4. Hours are 8-6 M-F and ?-5 Sat. I highly recommend checking it out.

Finally, there's Astro Too in Melbourne:

Astro Too

I've only been there once, mainly because Skycraft is better organized and an hour closer to me.

Thanks for the reply. I'm seeing a doctor Thursday in Tampa, and I was hoping to find something better than Chester's while I was in the Tampa area.
I've been to Skycraft in Orlando, and I like them a lot! Some of the selection there is pure junk, but they do sell a lot of quality parts at very low prices. I bought some 3/16" braided shielding for less than .20 a foot at Skycraft one time.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back