Good digital out card (how is my revo 5.1)
Sep 20, 2004 at 9:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Spoonfed

New Head-Fier
Wondering what the better cards with SPDIF or TOSLINK output are
for both PCM DD and DTS

Oh also able to pass ASIO 24/192 PCM would be good.

I have a Revo 5.1 currently..... has coax out........ wondering how good it is?

(note i have to use ASIO4ALL to get KS using JRiver Media Center)

Sep 20, 2004 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 5
Right now M-Audio cards are probably the best value for coaxial digital output for both DD/DTS passthrough and PCM. EMU cards have very good ditial outputs and do PCM output great, however their current driver doesn't support DD/DTS passthrough. No cards will support 24/192 through their digital SPDIF outputs because of limitations of the SPDIF specification.

Sep 20, 2004 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 5
Ahh sounds good........ i'll upgrade my COAX connect (from a TV video lead haha)

Will RG6 Quad Shield Coax (as used in TV installs for DTV) work well?

Also 24/192 2ch PCM does pass.... my receiver "detects" it as such its just got gltiches due to ASIO4all i think

Sep 21, 2004 at 1:40 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
Right now M-Audio cards are probably the best value for coaxial digital output for both DD/DTS passthrough and PCM. EMU cards have very good ditial outputs and do PCM output great, however their current driver doesn't support DD/DTS passthrough. No cards will support 24/192 through their digital SPDIF outputs because of limitations of the SPDIF specification.

Are the M-Audio cards a better value for digital out for DD/DTS and PCM than chaintech? Considering buying one of these, so any input would be very helpful.

Sep 21, 2004 at 2:03 AM Post #5 of 5
For coaxial output the M-Audio's are, however the Chaintech is better for optical because M-Audio cards either only have coax or have coax and optical, while the Chaintech only has optical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back