Good deal on W40!
Mar 7, 2019 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Codefox

100+ Head-Fier
I was passing through ATL today and I usually just check and see if there's any deals going at InMotion. I guess with the new revisions of the W series coming out now, they're clearing their old stock so I picked up a pair of W40s for $195. I used to have a pair of W3s (that I picked up basically the same way) that I replaced with some Pinnacle P1s which, while I really like, they're not great at a lot of the music I enjoy. For the price, I feel like I got a steal!

Only thing I'm annoyed about is that it seems like the cable that came with the W40s is bad so I'm going to have to contact Westone for a replacement.

Mar 8, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #2 of 4
Maybe this wasn't as good of a deal as I thought since no one had anything to say about it! 8)

I've been enjoying this so far. I went through several different tips. I started with the foam star tips but found they were a little too firm for me to listen comfortably for very long. I tried the Comply T-100s and really felt like the highs were a bit too recessed (or maybe the bass was just enhanced too much?) and I think I've settled on the silicon star tips. I do use these on a plane a lot so I'll have to see if am happy with the isolation I get from silicon on a plane.

I also have some Shure Olives sitting around that I haven't tried yet. Does anyone have any experience with the Olives on the W40? I feel like they'd be a little more comfortable than the foam tips from Westone.

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #3 of 4
Did you try the comply p-100's? Also be careful of the olives. Once on the nozzles they are very difficult to get off. That's a heck of a deal you got for those. Here in ukland it's still £449 (or $585!!) which is a bit steep in these days of bargains from chifi land :) :frowning2:

Mar 9, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #4 of 4
Yeah, it's been a while since I've used any of the olives but that is my vague memory of them. I do need to give the P-100s a try as well and I thought I had a pair hiding somewhere but I haven't found them. I may just stick with the silicon for now unless I'm really unhappy with the isolation on the plane since I like how they sound best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back