Good Deal on SE530 in the UK
Sep 4, 2009 at 5:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

grumpyoldman

Head-Fier
Hi there,

Based on a lot of reading and the realization how bad the SQ of my ipod classic is (after comparing it to a zen x-fi). I decided to buy some sure SE 530, up from SE110. But I could not really afford them, they are more expensive in europe than in US of A (what isn't?), but that I found the very good deal at cdiscount in the UK for 190 pounds, or 200 with PTH, and vouchers for delivery (would have been 4 pound on top). They delivered within 3 days (over bankholiday Monday) From London to Manchester, not bad. Phones a great, seem to be 2007 stock, it says 0729 SE530(whatever that means?) on the plastic on the connector, where the two cables join, and on the box it was copyright shure 2007. The deal was about 40-50pounds less then anything i could find.....

The SE530 no longer available from Cdiscount (09/09/09)

Sep 4, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #2 of 11
0729 = 72nd day of 2009. They were made this year. Congrats!

Sep 4, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpyoldman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it says 0729 SE530(whatever that means?) on the plastic on the connector, where the two cables join...

Ha!! I never noticed those numbers before... lol

Sep 4, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #5 of 11
Juat posted this in the other SE530 thread (sorry), but it was always price that scared me off these.

I have Freq Show custom monitors and Klipsch Image X10 earphones. How do these SE530s compare guys, do you know? I might buy them out of curiosity alone.

Sep 6, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #7 of 11
great price,may consider buying them with this price.They ship to the Netherlands?

Sep 6, 2009 at 12:20 PM Post #8 of 11
Indeed great price. Surely it's more than 100 pounds off against some stores, especially against danish stores if we really going half price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT600R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
great price,may consider buying them with this price. They ship to the Netherlands?

Sorry they don't.
frown.gif
Again a great deal only for a specified country.

Sep 9, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sayajin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed great price. Surely it's more than 100 pounds off against some stores, especially against danish stores if we really going half price.

Sorry they don't.
frown.gif
Again a great deal only for a specified country.

what a shame!!I don't get why they don't ship to the whole of europe, with it being all the same tax and so on.If you are desperate you could give my addresse for delivery, and I send it to denmark, recorded, but that might get complicated and will cost extra delivery. You can get them for a similar price from the US of A, but you might have to pay taxes and duty?

Sep 9, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpyoldman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what a shame!!I don't get why they don't ship to the whole of europe, with it being all the same tax and so on.If you are desperate you could give my addresse for delivery, and I send it to denmark, recorded, but that might get complicated and will cost extra delivery. You can get them for a similar price from the US of A, but you might have to pay taxes and duty?

I don't find SE530 any longer on that site
biggrin.gif
so isn't much to do about it now. I remember somewhat Shure's or UE policy don't allow us import from the US in some case but in all case we taking a risk getting catched. The UK are usually much better suitet. It's mostly only about if they want to ship it oversea.

Sep 9, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and how would they compare to (say) the UE10 and UE11 level customs?

You're comparing custom IEMs in the 1K range to universals ~300?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back