good deal on ipod (inc. mini) and audible.com
Mar 25, 2004 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

earful

100+ Head-Fier
audible and j&r are offering $100 off an ipod with a 1-year subscription ($15/month) to audible (books on tape, essentially). it's a good deal if you like books and would be buying anyway. j&r is out of stock right now but saying they expect new stock in the second week in april. i just ordered a mini and was told my card would only be charged upon shipment. just fyi in case there are any head-fiers who like to hear books as well as music.

p.s. i am testing the aiwa over the ear swoops right now (being sold on audiocubes.com) and i think they hold a lot of promise for working with the mini (they come in colors, btw) as long as you're not looking for something analytical.

Mar 25, 2004 at 11:00 PM Post #2 of 5
It's a great service. I'd recommend the 2 books/$19 plan though. Always convert mine to 56 or 64 kbps 22 mono FhG MP3s though for storage.

Check out Charlie "Damn Apes" Heston's reading of Old Man And The Sea and Adams Morgan's reading of Moby Dick

Mar 26, 2004 at 2:57 AM Post #3 of 5
I posted this on sources for sale forum earlier today. Audible is a great service. I have the $19.95 service as well. I agreed to a 1 year contract and got the $100.00 off and ipod mini.

Mar 26, 2004 at 11:59 AM Post #4 of 5
Audible also has a deal where you can get a $100 coupon good for anything at Crutchfield. I don't think this deal is available at sign up (at least not that I could find). I initially signed up for a monthly plan because I didn't intend to buy one of the listed devices at J&R. Then I received an email a few days later offering coupons at a number of difference vendors if I committed for a year. I chose Crutchfield because theirs was a generic $100 coupon good towards anything.

Mar 26, 2004 at 4:30 PM Post #5 of 5
Amazon.com is now also offering the $100 off deal on iPods (and other players) with an Audible subscription.

According to the promo on Audible's home page, its available at a bunch of places. Amazon, Crutchfield, Micro Center, that I can recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back