Good DAP for $300
Oct 11, 2020 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

alterndog

100+ Head-Fier
I have a Cowon Plenue P2 on the way (which I got for $300). I know it is a little old and am wondering if there are better sounding newer DAPs out there in the same price range. I don’t really care about streaming as it’ll be used for my own high quality music collection. I really just want the best sounding DAP, that doesn’t have a terrible ui. Thanks!

Oct 12, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 5
Try the Cowon before seeking others. That's my advice. Cowon daps generally sound pretty dang good. Should you decide you want something that will do more than play local files, you could look into something like the Hiby R5 or Ibasso DX160.

Oct 12, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #3 of 5
Yeah, over the next few months, you'll probably be able to find a used iBasso DX160 (2020 version; which resolves a EMI issue from the previous version, I believe) for a pretty good price (they sell for ~$400USD brand new)

Oct 13, 2020 at 2:02 AM Post #4 of 5
Try the Cowon before seeking others. That's my advice. Cowon daps generally sound pretty dang good. Should you decide you want something that will do more than play local files, you could look into something like the Hiby R5 or Ibasso DX160.
Or if you don't need the Android UI of the R5 you can get similar sound from the R3 Pro according to Headfonia
https://www.headfonia.com/hiby-r3-pro-review/4/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back