Good DAC for streaming music from laptop to amp? Newbie
Feb 8, 2021 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

corbin1

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, Admitted newbie here in regards to this topic so wanted to ask for some advice on an appropriate DAC. I'd like to stream music from my laptop through a DAC to a WOO WA5, the WA5 has RCA in's. I am considering picking up a Dragonfly Cobalt, seems pretty straightforward and simple and gets good reviews. However I'm not opposed to a smallish desktop type DAC unit either since I don't necessarily plan to do anything other than stream to the WA5. Or maybe I'll end up with a Cobalt for portabilty and and a smallish desktop unit as well. It just seems like there are way too many choices and thought maybe with some advice I could whittle the list down to 2 or 3 options. I'd say budget maybe between $200 to $400, no problem buying used. I've seen a couple reviews for the Cambridge Audiomagic Plus which looks nice. Thanks for any advice!

Feb 8, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm a big fan of the iFi line in that budget range: Zen DAC, or Zen DAC Signature (in increasing cost). Also, some of the Schiit products get good reviews as well.

Feb 12, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #4 of 4
I secondedededed getting a IFI Zen Dac, or even a Fiio K5 Pro...both of which, I used to own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back