Good DAC/AMP for HD 650?
Apr 5, 2014 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

chee006

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a good DAC and AMP for my recently received HD 650, these can be desktop or portable but bear in mind I'll be using these components for my desktop. 

Thanks!

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #2 of 15
Schiit Magni and Modi.

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #5 of 15
  Also I want something that is a little bit higher price range than the Modi and Magni, I was thinking something along the price of Aune X1

Personally I don't see the point in spending more money when you don't need to.

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #7 of 15
For more money, get the Modi and the Asgard 2. The Asgard 2 is a better amp than the Magni, and it also have a pre-amp outs in case you want to use speakers. If you want to spend more money that that, get the Schiit Bifrost with the Asgard 2. :)

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #8 of 15
For more money, get the Modi and the Asgard 2. The Asgard 2 is a better amp than the Magni, and it also have a pre-amp outs in case you want to use speakers. If you want to spend more money that that, get the Schiit Bifrost with the Asgard 2.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi thnks for the reply but I am looking into other brands besides Shiit as I don't wan to order it from the US because waranty and shipping may be a problem for me. 

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #10 of 15
Hi thnks for the reply but I am looking into other brands besides Shiit as I don't wan to order it from the US because waranty and shipping may be a problem for me

And maybe not. People do order internationally from Schiit. You should contact them instead of assuming the worst.

Apr 5, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #12 of 15
Amp-wise the Earmax, darkvoice and La figaro OTL amps sound great with the HD650.  They generally have much stronger market availability outside the USA.  Lets not forget little dot OTL amps too... likewise readily available outside the US.  The Woo audio 3 might also be a consideration too.

Apr 5, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #13 of 15
  Amp-wise the Earmax, darkvoice and La figaro OTL amps sound great with the HD650.  They generally have much stronger market availability outside the USA.  Lets not forget little dot OTL amps too... likewise readily available outside the US.  The Woo audio 3 might also be a consideration too.

I was aiming at the La Figaro too the 339 one which reminds me of a grand piano, I am a pianist myself and love the asthetics of painos. Anyway I think in hte amp department I kinda figure out what to get but I am on a budget right now so I'll just upgrade the rube of my Bravo Ocean for now, but my dac seriously needs some upgrading.

I am now currently stuck between choosing Aune X1 pro which supports DSD playback but can only go 24 bit/96 via USB while the MATRIX X-SPDIF can't play DSD but it can play 24bit/192 via USB. Both of these units are around the same price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back