Good closed gaming/all-around headphone?
Jan 8, 2014 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TheReal14O

New Head-Fier
Hello, I've been checking out this place for a bit and was set on buying a couple headphones before doing even more research on them. I'm looking for some closed headphones under $200 that would be good for pc/ps4 gaming, watching movies/shows, and listening to music. I don't have a soundcard or amp and I currently use Sennheiser HD 202.

I was set on getting a pair of M50s until I read about how small the soundstage was and that it wasn't that good for gaming. I'm considering Custom Pro Ones but don't know how well they perform at gaming. Any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated! (choosing a good pair of headphones is one of the hardest decisions I've had to make! lol)

Jan 8, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 3
Generally open backed headphones work better for gaming, since they have a wider sound stage (most of the time at least.) If you need isolation from closed back then look at something like the DT660 or Sony MDR V6. Both have pretty flat frequency response but you can EQ them to the way you like.

Jan 8, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 3
  Generally open backed headphones work better for gaming, since they have a wider sound stage (most of the time at least.) If you need isolation from closed back then look at something like the DT660 or Sony MDR V6. Both have pretty flat frequency response but you can EQ them to the way you like.

I did read that about open headphones for gaming, but since I don't live alone I'd like to have some isolation. Thanks for the recommendations, both seem pretty decent but I'm wondering if there are better headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back