Good Closed Cans for isolation??
Jan 21, 2007 at 7:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

rypin

Head-Fier
Hi, I'm currently trying to find good closed cans that isolate well, a majority of the ones I tried dont isolate enough so that the noise wont leak. I think a major cuase of this is the material in the pads but I'm not sure. The only pair I have that seem to keep the noise from leaking too much is the senn hd212 but I dont like it too much and I prefer a full size headphone any suggestion?? price, cable length, amp/unamp is not a issue

Jan 21, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #3 of 22
The Sennheiser HD280s win hands-down in the isolation department, in my opinion.

Jan 21, 2007 at 1:58 PM Post #5 of 22
anybody ever heard of Soundstage headphones? super duper isolation...and as far as my knowledge goes they're like those constructon worker's headset when they use the jack hammer but with doped up drivers for clean sound. however, if isolation and full size are your goal these will deliver. the model i have in mind is the SV-45. it's a bit of a novelty item.

Jan 21, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #6 of 22
i have both the k81 and the v6(2 of the most recomended closed cans).........i love them both but i would give the v6 a slight edge since they can cover my entire ears.

they are both good though if price is not an issue then get both of them. u can also consider dt770 80 as ur third pair.

but if u want the best...........go with the qc3, it blows all three in the water.LOL

Jan 21, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but if u want the best...........go with the qc3, it blows all three in the water.LOL

You're joking, right?

Jan 21, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #8 of 22
Another vote for the HD280Pro's.

I really like the isolation they provide.

Jan 21, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

i have both the k81 and the v6(2 of the most recomended closed cans).........i love them both but i would give the v6 a slight edge since they can cover my entire ears.

they are both good though if price is not an issue then get both of them. u can also consider dt770 80 as ur third pair.

lol I might try the k81, qc3.... not a big fan, I always wanted to get the hd 280 I only wished the cord was straight xP but it dont matter. I would get the dt770s but I already ordered a darth beyer a couple of weeks ago so probably not. Thnx for the replies, anything else that doesnt leak too much??

and in response to "Thelonious Monk" I dont really have a budget to work with, I'm fine with almost most typical prices for headphones but If I really have to put a price out there I would say around 600 and below, I said its not a issue since I'm sure most recommendations wont go beyond the 600 price point anyways xP

Jan 21, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #10 of 22
If you're looking for a step above the HD280, you might consider the Ultrasone PROline 650s
650prolinetl7.png

650_pro_main.jpg

They kick out bass extension that the Senns simply cannot approach and have the most loudspeaker-like presentation I've ever heard from headphones.

The PROline 650 provide superb isolation from both outside noise and sound leakage since they are first and foremost studio cans. They come with an extra set of quick-switchable ear-pads and both straight and coiled cables.

Oh, and there is a pair in the classifieds section here. (I have no connection to the seller)

You'll find a nice recent review of them HERE.

Jan 21, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by sschell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another vote for the HD280Pro's.

I really like the isolation they provide.

x2 i'm wearing my dad's pair right now

Jan 21, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

well for that price, up against 50$ us headphones, i really hope it would do well...truly i'd like to hear something good about them!

Jan 21, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #13 of 22
i dont understand why if you already are getting Darth Beyers you need another pair of closed cans... there will be almost no difference in isolation/leakage, unless you live with bats and dogs and a giant ear.

Jan 21, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #14 of 22
Because i'm not planning on using those darths everywhere I go, they strictly staying at home, I need one I will use at work and my trip there, and even so is there anything wrong with getting another closed headphone?? If your not gonna help then plz dont critize me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back