Good closed back portable over ear headphones. More mid focused
Sep 12, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #2 of 8
Hello!

Welcome to Head-Fi forum! For mid focused headphones, I recommend:

Grados or Shures, all of their headphones have some nice creamy mids [Shure] and vivid mids [Grado].

There is also the Sennheiser HD598, Sony MA900. Both have forward mids as well

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Sep 12, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #3 of 8
Hello!

Welcome to Head-Fi forum! For mid focused headphones, I recommend:

Grados or Shures, all of their headphones have some nice creamy mids [Shure] and vivid mids [Grado].

There is also the Sennheiser HD598, Sony MA900. Both have forward mids as well

Hope it helps!
Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks Billson
Are the Shures built well. I've read tha the SRH series have good sound, but build is subpar.

Sep 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #4 of 8
Thanks Billson
Are the Shures built well. I've read tha the SRH series have good sound, but build is subpar.

As long as you take good care of them, it shouldn't be a problem but indeed the build quality are not on par with the great sound quality.

Sep 12, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #5 of 8
As long as you take good care of them, it shouldn't be a problem but indeed the build quality are not on par with the great sound quality.

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, the cable is coiled, and my M50s aren't really too portable with a long coiled cable. I can't really pocket it without a huge bump, but the build quality is amazing with the m50s.

Sep 12, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #6 of 8
Well, the cable is coiled, and my M50s aren't really too portable with a long coiled cable. I can't really pocket it without a huge bump, but the build quality is amazing with the m50s.

So you are planning to use it for portable? Then the Sennheiser HD598 and MA900 are out of the list if that's the case but they are definitely a smart choice [apologize, didn't read your title probably xD ]

Here's a new list for portable use:
Shure SRH840
Sony MDR-1R
AKG K167
Sennheiser Momentum (warm, not forward mids but does have some sweet timbre! Bass bleeds thought)

Sep 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #7 of 8
So you are planning to use it for portable? Then the Sennheiser HD598 and MA900 are out of the list if that's the case but they are definitely a smart choice [apologize, didn't read your title probably xD ]

Here's a new list for portable use:
Shure SRH840
Sony MDR-1R
AKG K167
Sennheiser Momentum (warm, not forward mids but does have some sweet timbre! Bass bleeds thought)

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

How are the MDR-10Rs? They are 100$ cheaper. I can't find the MDR 1R at 200$...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back