Good, cheap headphones/earbuds for ~$25?
Apr 30, 2012 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

bose301s

100+ Head-Fier
Well, going on a trip to Hawaii at the end of June and obviously will be on the plane for quite awhile to make it there. I had a pair of Phonak PFE's but my dog ruined them, so now all I have is the Samsung ear buds that came with my Galaxy Nexus, not only do they sound like crap but after only a short time they are painful in my ears. I have small ears relatively, iPod ear buds are way too big for me as are most freebie toss in buds. I am looking for something in the $25 range, maybe up to $50 that sound decent from an iPod or phone and will be comfortable on the many hour flight. Hope some of you have come across something that will fit the bill.

Apr 30, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #6 of 14
Ok. If spending $25-$50 will get get me something decent from any of the big names like Sennheiser, Shure, Ety etc. I would be down for them, otherwise I may try the Monoprice ones. Other suggestions I have seen elsewhere are Kicker and Audioque models.

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #7 of 14
well here is a few options since you named them! Etymotic MC5, Sennheiser cx480, sennheiser cx300II(BUY AUTHENTIC), sennheiser cx200(BUY AUTHENTIC).

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #8 of 14

Quote:
well here is a few options since you named them! Etymotic MC5, Sennheiser cx480, sennheiser cx300II(BUY AUTHENTIC), sennheiser cx200(BUY AUTHENTIC).

Ok, how do I know if they are authentic? If they are from Amazon, and I mean sold and shipped by Amazon, not through their marketplace, should I assume they are authentic?

Also any other big brands that are worth it, I am not big into headphones, more of a home and car audio guy myself, lol.

Like I said, just want something that sounds good, is worthwhile and won't hurt my ears on the trip and can be used in the future too.

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #9 of 14

Quote:

Ok, how do I know if they are authentic? If they are from Amazon, and I mean sold and shipped by Amazon, not through their marketplace, should I assume they are authentic?

Also any other big brands that are worth it, I am not big into headphones, more of a home and car audio guy myself, lol.

Like I said, just want something that sounds good, is worthwhile and won't hurt my ears on the trip and can be used in the future too.

generally yes. your best bet is to look up authorized dealers on the sennheiser website.  The cx300 will suit you perfectly! its a happy medium for non-audiophiles I think!

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #10 of 14
The Vsonic GR99 look to be very good for your price range according to a couple of reviews I've seen here.. The Soundmagic E10 and E30 cost a little more but might be another option maybe.

Apr 30, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #11 of 14

Quote:

generally yes. your best bet is to look up authorized dealers on the sennheiser website.  The cx300 will suit you perfectly! its a happy medium for non-audiophiles I think!

Lol, trust me, I am an audiophile, just a somewhat cash strapped audiophile at the moment and also like I said, concentrate more on home and car audio then headphones.

May 1, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:
Ok, after reading the reviews here and seeing the price I went ahead and ordered the Vsonic GR99.

good choice! I love vsonic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back