good cheap headphone racks
Dec 21, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #4 of 27
I paid $3 for mine. I got three at Wal-Mart. In case they some how managed to sell out.

No expensive shipping, nothing. It topped a whopping $3.21 with tax.
smily_headphones1.gif

And I added some "non-slip" grip stuff at the top, so my headphones won't slide down/off the stand.

P1010006.JPG

P1010007.JPG

-Nick
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 21, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #6 of 27
Anything can be a headphone rack. Some towel racks are pretty good (a flat piece of wood with many poles sticking out if it), but i personally use empty cd spindles mounted onto the wall. Free with blank cds.

Dec 21, 2007 at 8:26 AM Post #7 of 27
I'm actually looking for a stand, too, but I want one where I can hang the metal supports of my Sextets off of it, and not the headband itself.

The only one I've found that can do that is the Koss, and I bought it. It works well, but it looks like crap.

I want some form and function.
redface.gif

Dec 21, 2007 at 8:48 AM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm actually looking for a stand, too, but I want one where I can hang the metal supports of my Sextets off of it, and not the headband itself.

The only one I've found that can do that is the Koss, and I bought it. It works well, but it looks like crap.

I want some form and function.
redface.gif

Bed Bath & Beyond Product

Above is the link to the banana hanger which I use to hold my sextetts.

Dec 21, 2007 at 8:51 AM Post #9 of 27
You can carve a shoulder out of the top of the arch to hold the headband and get the way with the non-slip mod.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I paid $3 for mine. I got three at Wal-Mart. In case they some how managed to sell out.

No expensive shipping, nothing. It topped a whopping $3.21 with tax.
smily_headphones1.gif

And I added some "non-slip" grip stuff at the top, so my headphones won't slide down/off the stand.

P1010006.JPG

P1010007.JPG

-Nick
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 21, 2007 at 9:28 AM Post #10 of 27
I just got a metal banana stand today

how do you bend the hanging part so that the headbands can fit? I find it very hard...

Dec 21, 2007 at 10:05 AM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a metal banana stand today

how do you bend the hanging part so that the headbands can fit? I find it very hard...

try using pliers..

makerod3.gif

Dec 21, 2007 at 10:14 AM Post #13 of 27
Tried that. I think the metal is too thick.

When I look at other banana stands, the hook is not as thick as the rest of the stand...oh well.

Dec 21, 2007 at 10:57 AM Post #15 of 27
good ideas here guys, I never would have thought of some of this stuff, I may just grab some kind of hook and mount it to the side of my computer case and hang them there. Not sure if anything would interfere with each other due to any type of magnetism. Gonna go look at some fashionable banana hangers this weekend lol

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back