Good CD shops in Hong Kong?
Jan 28, 2004 at 12:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Permonic

1000+ Head-Fier
I am pretty fed up by searching Audio CDs in those messy & crowded VCD/DVD shops just to find out that they sell Canton pop labels only.

I sometimes do shopping in HMV's, the second-hand basement shops in Mong Kok carrying attractive labels time by time as well, some shops at Melbourne Plaza at Central too.

Could anyone recommend me other CD shops in Hong Kong?

Thanks in advance.
wink.gif

Jan 28, 2004 at 2:17 PM Post #2 of 4
This page is a useful guide -- and apart from Classical music, these stores also carry stuff like Jazz, new-age music and world/folk music. The showrooms of Shun Cheong Records are especially worth a visit.

There is a store (Beat Records?) at the second floor of Hollywood Plaza, Mong Kong, that carries a variety of stuff often at very reasonable prices. However, this store has gathered some bad rap due to their outrageous mark-ups of certain in-demand items, while som have reported that they are not particularly happy to replace defective items.

Jazz enthusiasts may want to take a stroll to Jazz World (205, Queen's Road Central 33, Melbourne Plaza).

For those who are looking for rock/electronic/goth/experimental stuff, visit Monitor Records (4-16 Tak Shing Street. MTR Jordan) but beware: the owner of this store has an...um...attitude --don't expect to be pampered!

Jan 29, 2004 at 7:24 AM Post #3 of 4
FalconP, thanks a lot for your detailed info. Very useful.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back