Good cans needed little advice appreciated.
Sep 2, 2006 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Shinobi

New Head-Fier
Hello , i'm new here and new to headphones all I've ever used was sony's and logitech stuff for gaming now on other levels of audio. I've heard professional home audio setups and car audio. I understand the sound of a good setup. With that out of the way I wanted to jump into gettign a nice pair of cans.

I listen to a variety of music but usually more leaning to rock , trance / techno/ rap and various other types, I also do alot of gaming. These headphones will be run through my X-Fi fatality and I pod or laptop. As for beign used through xfi I will get a small extrenal amp later on if needed. I feel I'm pretty good with tweaking my equalizer for my pc so I could more then likely muster alot out of unamped.

I've heard Sennheiser many times before I came to these forums I love their style and I cant say I've heard them yet I looked at the 595's and 650's also I looked at beyer 770's . But I'd like to get opinions from the members here I see people here have a broad knowledge of headphones avalible . My budget is around 300$ I know that listening for your self is truly the best option but I dont beleive we have any shops locally that carry upper end cans.

All comments and advice is much appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif
Feel free to mention other headphones then ones one's I mentioned if you think they fit the bill.

Sep 2, 2006 at 7:46 PM Post #2 of 4
for gaming your gonna want a nice sound stage, so when looking through reviews, rember to look for that.

for rock its hard to go wrong with Grado, however, they dont have a SS to speak of.

Sep 2, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 4
Yea I've been looking over a few different websites Grado , Beyer , Senn from what I've read over the forum lower impedances are better for smaller devices like I pods and pc's .

Sep 2, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 4
I heard the HD555 has an even wider soundstage than the HD595, and has 90% of the sound quality of the HD595 for 60% of the price, so yeah, I would point you in that direction! It also is great for movies. Also gives perfect positionning for those demanding games. The HD595 is better for music, yet, the HD555 is better for games and movies. They're spacious! Surround-like! They sound amazing for games! Read some reviews on them: they don't disappoint!

Plus, the HD555 reportedly sound better unamped than the HD595.

You know you want them, don't you?!

I couldn't live without those!
580smile.gif

Anyone heard both the 555 and the 595?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back